Human Resources at The Phoenix Mills Ltd.
Views:1206 Applications:232 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:59
The Phoenix Mills - Vice President - Legal - LLB/LLM (12-15 yrs)
Job Title : Vice President - Legal
Department / Division : Legal
External Interface :
(Enlist external agencies/authorities that you are required to deal with while discharging your duty)
- External Legal Counsel
- Statutory/ Regulatory agencies
- Clients (Retail/Commercial Tenants)
Minimum Qualification (i.e education, training etc.) :
- LLB / LLM from reputed institute.
- 12-15 years of total experience, and at least 5 years in the Real Estate / Retail industry
- Relevant experience in a leading law firm
Special Skills/Attributes (required for performing the job effectively):
- Should have an Advanced knowledge of legal administration, especially contract related matters
- Should have an exposure of drafting Corporate Agreements like MOUs, LOIs, SHAs, SPAs, JVs and Business Agreements like Development, Sale, Lease, and Leave & License etc.
- Understanding of Statutory/ Regulatory Compliance Management
Overall Purpose/Objective of the job :
- Support the Sr. Management by participating in all Corporate Legal matters, Litigation, Transactions, Negotiations, mitigating legal risk and ensuring total compliance.
Key Responsibilities (List major responsibilities, that you have, to achieve the key objectives) :
- To formulate, monitor and control processes to be followed by legal & leasing teams at the malls in the roll-out, negotiation and closure of agreements.
- To formulate, monitor and control processes to be followed by legal, leasing and operations teams at the malls in handling operational issues at the mall.
- Ensure that the negotiations with brands, retailers contractors/vendors are carried out smoothly and if required get involved into resolution of any disputes/litigations
- To oversee negotiations by various teams and to personally handle anchor negotiations / national brand negotiations at each mall along with leasing/ops heads.
- Plan out the proactive measures that can be introduced to mitigate legal risks, provide legal advice for policy formulation, install relevant systematic framework and its maintenance and implementation.
- To interact with counsels in handling disputes, litigation, governmental queries, statutory compliances, etc.
- To introduce internal control systems (legal audit) to ensure that the set quality standards are maintained and duly observed in the preparation, closure and administration of agreements.
- To standardize and ensure circulation of Legal MIS template for reporting by each of the units (weekly/ monthly) to designated management members.
- To update management with relevant legal updates impacting the groupâ??s business.
- Ensure safe and custody of all original documents by the respective legal teams
- Training to internal teams, developing / preparing training modules on various Legal subjects, update on new laws, case studies etc.