Recruiter at Flipkart
Views:1662 Applications:80 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Flipkart - Manager - Litigation (5-8 yrs)
LITIGATION AND IP
- Provide guidance and advice to team involved in prosecuting or defending criminal, civil and consumer cases for and against the Company and IP matters related to filing, rectification, challenges and proceedings before the Office of Controller General of Patents, Designs & Trade Marks or defending against allegations of infringement, passing off or contributory liability
- Manage subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met while adhering to approved budgets.
- Developing internal procedures, promoting effective teamwork preparing and reviewing court filings. Developing trial strategies, develop and implement wide range of best practices.
- Full responsibility for litigation outcome and budgets. Efficiently manages external counsels, arguing counsels and law firms.
- Meeting with and advising business, operations and functional teams on ongoing or potential litigation.
- Ability to identify potential litigation and proactively plan action to mitigate legal, business and financial risks client. Review details of cases and determine a strategy should the case make it to trial or advise teams about handling the case out of court.
- Prepare for trial. Assemble names of potential witnesses, arrange for expert depositions, interview witnesses and other parties relevant to the case, and examine evidence that could be used as trial exhibits. Develop strong defence in reactive matters and ensure that the Company's interest is protected and there is no loss of business momentum.
- Be a self-starter and self-motivated individual and display high ownership and enthusiasm at work.
- Develop a trial strategy to win the case. During court proceedings, work closely with law firms and external teams to present evidence, make opening and closing statements, examine and cross-examine witnesses and experts, and argue motions.