HR at StateStreet
Views:1267 Applications:297 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
State Street - Equity Smart & Core Beta Index Specialist (3-6 yrs)
State Street - Equity Smart & Core Beta Index Specialist Role
Job Description :
- The Portfolio Specialist team is a group of investment professionals who have attained deep expertise in one or more asset classes at SSGA. We act as a facilitator between the investment areas and the sales teams and provide standardized and custom information about strategies to both clients and client facing groups.
- These communications can take the form of written investment content or market commentary. Portfolio Specialists play an active and important role in new product development and serve as an important contact for Legal and Compliance on all investment product related communication.
Portfolio Specialists are high-energy and organized individuals.
Our specific skills include :
- Serving as internal subject matter authority for SSGA's Smart and Core Beta Equity Indexing Team. You would work closely with portfolio management teams to understand how changes in the portfolios impact performance.
- Clearly articulating investment the process you would deliver high-quality marketing content and provide ongoing updates about the investment philosophy, process and performance of Quantitative Equity portfolios.
- Analyze portfolio analytics and evaluate model portfolios.
- Write weekly, monthly and quarterly market commentaries for publication.
- Assist in the update of strategy collateral including factsheets, cheat sheets, presentations, etc.
- Assist in developing of content and messaging of designated strategies and ensure consistency of presentation standards in all internal and external communications.
- Assist in the writing and review of RFI/RFP investment responses
- Developing and maintaining content and messaging of designated strategies you would ensure consistency of presentation standards in all client communications
- Participating in investment strategy meetings we support the development of custom solutions and provide custom messaging and building material that explain performance and portfolio positioning.
- Liaise with outsourced Content Management team and Portfolio Analysts to prepare and analyze month-end and quarter-end client reports.
You will have a degree or similar degree and will have some combination of the following skills/experience :
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Strong written communication skills
- Direct or indirect experience in equity investment strategies
- 3-6 years investment experience
- CFA or pursuing the CFA designation
A Portfolio Specialist will possess the following technical knowledge :
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, FactSet and Morningstar Direct preferred
- Knowledge of Barclays Capital POINT preferred
- Excellent quantitative skills are required, in particular the ability to analyze and evaluate numerical data and present findings
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and multitask
- Application of creative thinking to problems and systems/process improvements
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the potential to develop presentation skills
- Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our things we value.
- It's also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility.
- You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
- State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.