RedCarpet - Head - Product (5-10 yrs)
Product Head of at a YCombinator fintech startup
We are RedCarpet - we are a YCombinator and Lightspeed funded lending fintech. As we like to say - "We lend where banks cannot see". https://www.redcarpetup.com/about/
Some of the press around what we are doing is here.
- https://youtu.be/xoZsNN9UGlQ?t=301 (Google Launchpad best startup feature)
- https://twitter.com/DIPPGOI/status/938345126526459905/photo/1 (showcased at GES innovation summit for the PMO)
We are targeting a multi-billion dollar market (on the lower end) while building a fundamental #MakeInIndia company. We work closely with the Niti Aayog, RBI, NPCI and the Startupindia/DIPP and contribute our policy papers and opinions on a highly regulated space like lending.
We have chosen to take a higher ethical ground through design, long before privacy concerns ever surfaced in India - https://www.redcarpetup.com/2017/11/29/design-for-honesty/
Who we are looking for:
- We are looking for someone with a SAAS background versus consumer. Our focus is on user delight versus user growth. We have multiple applications internal and external and our main product focus is on the internal products and dashboards. Growth hacks are not our DNA.
- If you have a shared love for typography (we built our own font), Indian art (our brand designs are built on Gond art) and De Stijl movement. you will fit just fine.
- You must be comfortable with Google Design Sprints (http://www.gv.com/sprint/). We prefer to stand on the shoulders of giants
- We are open to you bringing your own unique flavor of management, but we would prefer it to be built on top of a well-understood framework.
- You must be a stickler for using collaboration tools - slack and trello for example. Our work culture celebrates remote working. We hate meetings but are religious about tools.
SQL + Field interviews as DNA
- An inherent part of our culture is YC's "Build something people want". Please expect 70-80% of your work to be interacting with users in the field and product interviews and feedback. Our culture is to prefer user feedback over analytics/data tools - some of our most counterintuitive and industry-leading insights came from there.
- You must be extremely comfortable or willing to use SQL to derive insights. We believe in not being restricted to what analytics tools can surface (in their own limited way).
- Needless to say, you should be familiar with statistical analysis to support your insights.
- This is a perfect role for an individual contributor superstar who wants to grow to lead a product team. The founders have groomed people who have grown to become CEOs and CTOS - We will mentor you on how to grow into a leadership role. Please expect 90% hands-on for atleast a year depending on how fast you scale.
What you can expect from the company
- You will be treated like a mini-CEO. You will get your own budgets for experimentation (which you can play with inside or outside the company).
- Extremely flat hierarchy - you are answerable to each other and not a "boss".
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.