HR at Morgan Stanley
Views:1076 Applications:208 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
Morgan Stanley - Trading Assistant - Convertible Bonds Trading Desk (1-5 yrs)
Morgan Stanley's Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a world leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity, equity-linked and equity-derivative securities. Our broad and deep client relationships, market-leading platform and intellectual insights enable us to be a world-class service provider to our clients for their financing, market access and portfolio management needs.
Global Markets Group is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley's Sales & Trading businesses in India. It covers functions across IED ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
The candidate will be based out of Mumbai and will be working with the Convertible Bonds Trading desk (HongKong). The role suits a self-motivated, highly energetic individual who has a strong background in mathematical analysis. The role offers great opportunity to the candidates to build on their knowledge of and exposure to Equity Derivative products, risks as well as valuation.
The candidate will be involved in :
- New CB set up - inform Ops (asiaconvta/BGL Credit TSG) to set up new deals and create/map credit curve
- Raise fid1 tickets for China A-share CB set up, map credit curve and mark CB after listing or when needed Corp action - change conversion price in Convex due to corp action
- Settlement/fails - follows up with Ops (asiaconvta) / TSG for the settlement issue
- CB warrant - set up/book the warrant in risk and follows up with Ops (Becky) on the downstream booking and settlement
- China A-share CB broker trade booking
- CB blotter - maintain the daily blotter
- ASCOTs - trade booking and settlements
- JLink / SPACE - track and check periodic interest payment flows
- Conversions - track and chase settlement of CB conversions
- Primary deals - cross check dealaxis entry vs orders
- Support for trade idea generation - backtesting, data analysis
Timings : 10 AM - 7 PM
- BMS/Engineers Graduates with MBAs (preferred but not must)
- 1-3 years- work experience in Banking/Financial Services in Trading Support
- Coursework/Strong understanding in Finance
- Good communication skills - written as well as telephonic. There will be regular communication with the trading desk and the person needs to be able to understand the requirements and express their thoughts clearly.
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office products - Excel, Powerpoint
In addition, the candidate should have theoretical or practical understanding of :
- Options and their behavior over time
- Basic options trading strategies
- General behavior of Equity Derivatives markets - Flow and Structured Products
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.