Manager - Business Controller - CA/ICWA - eCommerce (10-13 yrs)
An Leading eCommerce is looking for a senior finance leader to be a member of the executive team charged with realizing this vision. This position is responsible for the overall financial and operational stewardship of business controls. This role will have to oversee a team of 50+ finance (operations and accounting) team - operating through an outsourced model.
This leadership role will be responsible for setting and driving the company's business controls, strategy and objectives. In addition to overseeing all finance and accounting functions, this individual will work closely with the business leaders to set and execute short / long term business objectives and implement scalable processes to measure success along the way, and drive continuous improvement.
The finance leader is directly responsible for, and influential in, building an organization that embodies our customer obsession, an inputs-driven approach to operating results, and a relentless attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, detail oriented and will possess the ability to work well with cross-functional teams including corporate finance; vendor management and category management teams; AR, Accounting, and software development teams.
We are seeking a result-focused, quality-driven accounting leader who has demonstrated extensive experience in handling accounting, finance operations and reporting processes. Equally important for success in this role is the ability to lead diverse teams of professionals to new levels of success in a variety of complex tasks in accounting and related process as the business continues to grow. A candidate should have strong technical and hands-on experience in leading finance control processes like Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay and Record to Report.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Execute the vendor management process. Work closely with the vendor finance teams and own claims management and vendor disputes
- Lead controls in the area of stock delivery; vendor returns, liquidations and ensure accuracy in recording of these transactions
- Lead controls in the area of order to cash and ensure accuracy in recording sales receipts and recording transactions of sales and related claims - platform fees; promotions; collections etc.
- Identify key control gaps area and set up weekly / monthly review process to track the health of business control processes across Purchase to Pay; Order to Cash and accounting of these
- Develop and hire employees to support the growth of new business operations.
- Forecast working capital requirement of the business and drive actions amongst cross functional team to achieve working capital targets
- Track Cash Flow movements in the company and forecasts future cash flow requirements for short and long term.
Basic Qualifications :
- ACA - Chartered Accountant / ICWA - Cost Accountant with 10+ years of post-qualification experience in Business Controls / Corp Accounting / Internal Audit / Reporting
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail, the ability to work independently, adjust priorities, and work in a continuously changing environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Fluency in Excel (and SQL is a plus)
- Solid communication skills - written and verbal
Preferred Qualifications :
- Understanding of the retail business
- Experience in building and managing Financial Models
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.