Founder & Director at Ikigai Portfolio Private Limited
Views:1128 Applications:99 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:93
Ikigai Portfolio - Cofounder (8-30 yrs)
Co-founder - Ikigai Portfolio
Job Description :
About Ikigai Portfolio :
Ikigai Portfolio is a bootstrapped startup currently in development. It is a crowdfunding and philanthropy platform that connects individual retail donors to social causes that they are passionate about. We are a for-profit social venture providing a credible and convenient platform to enable socially conscious individuals to contribute towards creating a better world by donating to social causes that they are passionate about. We adopt a professional portfolio management approach to philanthropy, through a pool of rigorously rated not for profit organizations.
As a crowdfunding and philanthropy platform, Ikigai Portfolio has the following USPs :
- Highly donor focused (target segment is individual retail donors)
- Follows a professional, portfolio management approach to philanthropy instead of an emotional, impulsive approach towards donating to charity
- NGOs on-boarded to the Partner NGO Pool are rigorously rated and processes for periodic due diligence are laid down.
- Findings of NGO ratings are made public on the website for donors to make informed decisions.
- Findings of periodic due diligence are made available on the custom dashboards of donors who have donated to them.
- The platform focuses not just on mobilizing funds, utilization and impact created through the donations made on the platform are equally key emphasis areas.
To know more about Ikigai Portfolio, kindly visit https://www.ikigaiportfolio.com.
About the Role :
- The co-founder will be responsible for helping to achieve the company's overall vision and strategy.
- S/he will be part of the senior management team of the company and will be closely involved in the day to day planning and decision making for managing and executing the company's strategic plan.
- S/he will provide leadership and guidance to the team and the organization.
- The co-founder will need to juggle multiple responsibilities from business development, fundraising, managing technology platforms, stakeholder management etc.
About the Candidate :
- We are looking for a highly passionate and result oriented co-founder who is inspired to build the organization from scratch.
- The idea of working with and growing a startup motivates them while fully understanding the pros and cons of working for a bootstrapped startup.
- Should be comfortable to work with, at least initially, lower resources but use them efficiently to optimal outputs.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity and change, is willing to work long hours and is prepared to grow with the growth of the company.
- S/he will drive growth and scale and shape the company's brand.
Qualifications, Experience and Other Requirements :
- A Postgraduate degree in Management or Social Work from a reputed institution is preferred. However, exceptional candidates with other professional degrees or graduates with higher and relevant senior management experience may also apply.
- Minimum 10 years of experience of which at least 3 or more years should be in senior or mid-senior management handling independent projects and team.
- Strong network in the social sector, especially with NGOs and Foundations.
- Good knowledge of technology and understanding of development, design, tech stacks etc. is highly desirable.
- Interest in and knowledge of digital marketing and social media communications will be preferred.
- Experience in managing multiple and diverse stakeholders is desirable.
- Should be comfortable with handling data and have good analytical skills.
- Should be able to gather and share insights from data, reports, research and publications.
- Past experience of equity/grant fundraising desirable but not essential
- Highly effective leader who is able to inspire and motivate, mentor and guide, achieve results.
- A team player who can follow the lead, adhere to instructions and take accountability for their deliverables while working with and supporting others to achieve the common objectives of the team.
- Can work independently with minimum supervision. Can apply their minds to problems and come up with innovative and out of the box solutions.
- Excellent communication skills. Should be able to communicate with all stakeholders, write reports, prepare and deliver presentations, draft strategy documents, manuals etc.
- Should be able to represent the company in the media and at events.
- Candidates based out of or willing to relocate to Delhi-NCR will be preferred
What We Offer :
- Initially, compensation will only be in the form of equity in Ikigai Portfolio. We are willing to negotiate a significant amount of equity with the selected candidate.
- We are looking for a partner and a person with an entrepreneurial approach. As the company starts to generate revenue, we shall mutually agree on a suitable monetary compensation as salary, in addition to the equity.
- In addition to equity, we offer a demanding and challenging role with the opportunity to build something from scratch and to see it grow and thrive.
- Work in an excellent environment which you will help us build. A leadership role, where you will work independently and with minimal supervision.
- You will get exposure and the opportunity to network with multiple stakeholders as a member of the senior leadership team and represent the company in media and at events.
- You will drive the growth and scale at the company and your own growth will be limited only by your own capacity to how much you can grow the company.
- With a leadership role at Ikigai Portfolio, you will also have the opportunity to make a real difference in the world, drive positive change and make a difference to the lives of people.
We would like to reiterate that the compensation offered in the beginning will only be in the form of equity in the company and candidates with expectations of monetary compensation from the beginning need not apply.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.