Associate Consultant at HeadPro Consulting LLP
Views:2683 Applications:364 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:159
Financial Controller - Services Industry - CA (16-25 yrs)
Job Description :
- Incumbent must have experience in Big 4 firms
- Incumbent will be responsible for leading the controlling function at India. This role is responsible for all the controlling activities (e.g. AP, AR, GL, Statutory accounting and audit, compliances etc) in India.
- Statutory accounts and audit closure - Ensuring timely completion of : annual statutory accounts finalization as per Indian GAAP and IFRS, audit by the external auditors, reconciliation with the Management reports etc
- Billing, AR and Revenue Recognition - Ensure timely billing, collections and cash application. Also ensure proper revenue recognition in the respective books of accounts.
- Accounts Payable - Oversee all vendor payments and employee reimbursements
- General Ledger - Oversight of the GL across multiple books and ensure timely closure of books of accounts monthly/quarterly/annually under different laws
- Statutory compliances - Ensuring timely statutory compliances in above sub-functions
- New ERP implementation (expert in transition)
- Cost control/management
- Ensure Internal controls are in place and internal audits are carried out in a timely manner
- Ensure appropriate process standardization and integration across the India geography
- Identifying Transaction Processing activities in the controlling vertical and getting them consolidated under one umbrella with focus of core team on strategies and analytics.
- Identifying avenues of process improvements, automation and delivering on those identified avenues.
- Identify and mentor the next level of leadership in Controlling function
- External and internal stake holder management - Working closely with the center COOs and other finance leaders and ensuring that activities in the client location Finance department are aligned to the overall goals for the center and supporting the COO in their decision making process
- While the basic policies on accounting, reporting etc are in place there are instances where business exigencies demand decisions to be made to ensure business is not interrupted. This role has a critical responsibility in such instances wherein decisions should be weighed from a statutory standpoint as well as managing overall risk to the organization. Support to be taken as needed from Finance Director / Controller
- Education : Chartered Accountant.
- Experience : 16+ yrs experience post CA is mandatory.
- Strong accounting knowledge including conceptual understanding of Indian and International Accounting Standards
- Good analytical skills
- Experience in General Ledger & Statutory Audit
- Strong in interpersonal communication across the various service functions / service lines / support functions
- People management skills to manage a large team
Optional / Good to have :
- Knowledge of all direct/indirect tax matters.
- The finance team members aligned to the Controlling function (e.g. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger etc) would be under the supervision of this role with each team led by a senior Lead of the vertical.
- Supervising activities like assigning work, reviewing performance etc are indeed part of the responsibilities.
- The person is expected to be have good influential skills to drive results.
- Effective co-ordination with fellow sub-functional leads (PBFA, Tax, Treasury etc.) will also be key for this position.
Other Requirements :
- There could be some travel across all centers in India. However, it is not expected to be frequent.
- Highest standard of integrity and a team person
- Ability to be able to take business decisions and drive results in complex business situations
- Extensive Experience in Controlling, viz. external/statutory reporting, monitoring internal controls, Accounts Payable, Billing & Accounts Receivable, Revenue Recognition etc
- Candidates with consulting experience from top management consulting firm, who is open to explore a corporate role are looked at.
- Minimum 16+ years of relevant experience
Good to have :
- Certification on IFRS (base knowledge as well as practical applicability)
Interested candidates located anywhere in India can apply and call Latha at 9535255389.