Cloudtail - Senior Vendor Manager (5-9 yrs)
Senior Vendor Manager
Location: Bangalore Type: Individual Contributor Role
About Cloudtail :
Cloudtail India Private Limited is an online retailer which sells variety of goods to customers in India through the online marketplace www.amazon.in. Cloudtail offers over 6 lakh products across multiple categories like Books, Media, Apparel, Shoes, Furniture, Appliances, Consumables etc. and has buying relationships with brands across the world. Cloudtail's parent company i.e. Prione Business Services Private Limited is a joint venture between Catamaran and Amazon.
- The Senior Vendor Manager will be responsible for developing and owning the strategy for a category, and working with a high performing vendor management team. Within this role the individual will have the opportunity to establish and maintain strong vendor partnerships, manage category profitability, optimize pricing, and identify means to improve the customer experience.
- We are seeking a seasoned business leader with a broad skill set which demonstrates analytical horsepower, excellent business judgment, strong vendor management and negotiations skills, deep curiosity to uncover how things work.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Senior Vendor Managers are responsible for managing inputs, category financials, promotion management, auditing and analysis, vendor escalations and concise communications
- Dive Deep into inputs and understands the downstream impact of changes to pricing, selection, and convenience for multiple subcategories
- Owns the Retail P & L for multiple subcategories; develops plans that drive revenue and margin improvement
- Creates strategic and prioritized vendor business plan that maximizes margins and customer experience
- Senior Vendor Managers are responsible for growing selection, improving terms and cost structures, building long-term relationships with vendors for the sub categories assigned
- Focuses on strategic holdout or challenging vendors to increase selection
- Drives strategic negotiations to deliver top- and bottom-line category growth for sub-categories
- Creates opportunities for growth, customer acquisition for multiple sub-categories
- Senior Vendor Managers are expected to demonstrate customer and category knowledge, be an advocate for a quality customer experience, and understand the competition and industry
- Senior Vendor Managers are responsible for long term growth opportunities and risk identification, planning, communication and partnering with internal teams
- Senior Vendor Managers are expected to demonstrate a deep understanding of Retail tools and become advocates for tool enhancements
- Senior Vendor Managers are responsible for knowledge management, development of self and others, and recruiting
- Implements Cloudtail's best recruiting practices and continuously raises the bar for hiring
Job Specifications :
Education - MBA
- 5+ years of experience doing one of several roles: quantitative/financial analysis, retail buying, retail planning & allocation, product/project management, pricing, marketing or e-commerce.
- Proficiency in Excel, Proven analytical skills and highly numerate
- Proven Negotiation Skills
- Proven experience leading teams & cross-functional projects
- Influencing abilities and vendor management experience
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
- The position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and effective prioritization
For More details please visit our Website: