Recruiter at Mainstream Technologies
Views:7279 Applications:534 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:30
Associate - Equity Research - Bank (2-5 yrs)
Associate - Equity Research - Australian Banks
- The Research Senior Associate is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area.
- Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information.
- Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams.
- Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Research focuses on delivering high quality investment insights to credit investors on a global basis with a high emphasis on independence and objectivity in its products and insights
- The unit produces regular written research, hosts investor meetings with company management teams, holds conference calls with industry consultants and regularly communicates with clients (both internal and external)
- Modeling: Maintaining & updating existing company models; creating new models; maintaining relative value sheets
- Research: Assist with the publication of earnings previews/recaps, initiation reports, deep dive notes as well other group products
- Communication: Assist with client inquires and requests (internal and external)
- Events: Assist with coordination of investor meetings (management meeting & field trips) and conference calls with consultants
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years previous experience
- MBA or graduate degree and/or CFA preferred.
- Experience in Equity/Credit Research
- Good knowledge of accounting and modelling with a credit focus
- Experience in supporting senior credit research analysts
- Excellent inter-personal and writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Secure and maintain applicable licenses
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience