ISB - Certificate Programme in Business Analytics
15 Months Certificate Programme in Business Analytics by ISB
15 Months Certificate Programme in Business Analytics by ISB
- FeeINR 7,50,000 + Tax
- Work Experience2 - 30 Years
- Duration15 Months
- Delivery MethodBlended
Business Analytics, indispensable in today's age of Big Data, is an optimal mix of Data Collection, Data Visualisation, Data Management, Statistics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Critical Thinking, and last but not least, Domain Knowledge. Being an interdisciplinary field, it creates insights and values in ways hitherto unheard of, for the industry, government and others, thereby
providing a competitive advantage.
IBM predicts that the demand for Data Scientists and Data Engineers will soar 39% by 2020, according to Forbes (May 31, 2017).
The Certificate Programme in Business Analytics (CBA) at the Indian School of Business (ISB) is designed for business professionals, and provides essential skills in contemporary business analytics. The programme schedule is designed to maximise learning, with minimum disruption to professional responsibilities. This hands-on, rigorous programme aims to strike a perfect balance between classroom and technology-aided learning.
The CBA is a part-time programme, delivered in a blended learning format. The programme starts with preterm modules, delivered through a technology-aided platform. They are based on Statistics, Probability, Data Management, and Programming in R and Python, enabling participants from varying backgrounds to gain the prerequisite knowledge. This ensures an enhanced learning experience over the following 12 months of course work. The main course work comprises of 3 four-monthly terms.
Participants spend five days at the ISB campus for residential classroom learning twice every term. Apart from on-campus residencies, participants also attend online sessions through a technology-aided platform, and work on assignments, mini-projects, etc. through ISB's Learning Management
System. The three-month-long industry-sponsored Capstone Project at the culmination of the course
offers participants an unparalleled opportunity to apply their learning to solve real-world business problems.
- World-class learning environment
- Learning from subject matter experts
- Cutting-edge thought leadership
- Relevant case studies from the industry
- Built-in project work as part of the curriculum
- Peer learning from experienced fellow participants
- Build network with like-minded professionals
- Exposure to real-world business problems
- Opportunities for incubation of business ideas at an ISB-driven incubation centre
The programme adopts adult learning pedagogies, with emphasis on action and application, rather than just theory and concepts. The pedagogy involves integrating faculty lectures with case study discussions, simulations, group activities, and other interactive sessions. Experienced industry
practitioners visit ISB to interact with participants to share practical perspectives and insights into real business problems.
- Classroom Learning: Participants attend classes at the ISB campus during six residencies
of five days each, scheduled every alternate month. During a residency, participants attend day-long classes, and spend their evenings on co-curricular learning engagements. Participants are required to stay on campus during these residencies.
- Online Learning: An online interactive technology platform complements classroom-based
learning that happens during residencies. This platform will be used predominantly for tutorials,
mentoring, delivering pre-term modules, and sometimes for course content.
- Self-Study and Peer Learning: Participants are expected to make maximum use of the learning resources offered, for a seamless learning experience. The resources may include textbooks, business cases, videos, etc. Apart from classroom attendance, participants are expected
to dedicate 10-12 hours every week towards assignments, project work, and session pre-readings.
There are two project modules:
- Capstone Project
The Practicum module runs through the programme, and cuts across it's various modules. This helps
participants build capabilities to solve different business problems, by integrating classroom learning from various courses.
The Capstone Project is an important component of the programme. It offers participants an opportunity to apply their overall course learning to solve real-world business problems. Each participant group is mentored by a faculty member and an industry mentor, to integrate theoretical and practical aspects. Participants have an option to work on a live project from their organisation. Alternatively, the Programme Office allows them to bid for projects that it brings from other organisations.
Past participants have worked on Capstone Projects in various domains from reputed organisations such as ABP News, Accenture, Ashok Leyland, Bharti Airtel, Capgemini, Cognizant, Cyient, Deloitte, DXC Technology, Expedia, Flextronics, Ford Motors, Franklin Templeton, GE Digital, HP Global Analytics, IL&FS, iNautix (BNY Mellon), Infosys, KPMG, L&T Infotech, Microsoft, MuSigma, NTT Data, Polaris (now Virtusa), Reliance Games, Snapdeal, Star TV, Variance.ai, Vodafone, Walmart, and many more.
The programme is designed for diverse professionals:
- Those already working in the Analytics domain, looking to enhance their knowledge
- Those with analytical aptitude, desiring to start a career in Analytics,
- Those who use quantitative techniques in their work roles
Prior exposure to programming and knowledge of statistics will be an added advantage. Nevertheless, willingness to work and a passion to succeed will always triumph.
ISB invites applications from individuals who are passionate to build a career in Analytics with
- An undergraduate/graduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or Statistics, or an equivalent qualification in any quantitative discipline
- An overall experience of at least two years; however, for profiles with exceptional academic qualifications, the experience criterion may be waived
The CBA's comprehensive curriculum offers a perfect blend of analytical skills, business knowledge, and a strategic perspective on the Analytics industry. The amalgamation of course modules and the industry-sponsored Capstone Project offers theory-based practical learning.
The CBA participants typically attend courses worth 18 credit points, inclusive of a practicum module of one credit point and a Capstone Project of two credit points. The courses are designed to offer comprehensive learning and application of business analytics in various domains. An
indicative list of courses is as follows.
- Probability and Statistics using R
- Python and Introduction to Databases (RDBMS)
- Business Fundamentals
- Data Collection
- Data Visualisation
- Text Analytics
- Big Data Management
- Statistical Analysis: Estimation and Testing
- Statistical Analysis: Regression Modelling
- Statistical Analysis: Count Data and Survival Analysis
- Forecasting Analytics
- Data Mining: Unsupervised Learning
- Data Mining: Supervised Learning
- Deep Learning and IoT
- Marketing Analytics
- Retail Analytics
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Financial Analytics
- Pricing Analytics
- Social Media and Web Analytics