VP - Valuations - Rates - Independent Price Verification (9-18 yrs)
Role & Responsibilities
- Preparation and review of detailed valuation reports to include analysis/issues for reporting and discussion with Risk, Front Office, Model Validation and Finance.
- Generation and assessment of certain reserves required in the overall Fair Value process (Bid-Offer, model reserves, Day1 Reserves).
- Testing of Exotics model calibration effectiveness - evaluation and reporting of calibration differences across the existing portfolio.
- Analysis, discussion and agreement of variances and methodology with Valuation Methodologies team, desk & Risk Management.
- Reporting of IPV results and Reserves to both the desk and to central Finance IPV reporting team.
- Continuous improvement of methodology and results generation approach and process platform.
- Calculation and review of valuation uncertainty under IFRS and Prudential Valuations including refining exiting methods.
- Provide value added service, maintain controls and challenge the business.
- Provide link between onshore London and offshore India based teams.
- Deal with ad hoc valuation issues and new business approvals.