Manager at Velocity.in
Views:2455 Applications:371 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:110
Velocity - Head - Credit Risk (9-18 yrs)
We are looking for an experienced Head of Credit Risk/VP Credit Risk for our head office at Bengaluru India. This role is responsible for end to end credit life cycle including: setting credit Risk policy, managing the credit and loan closing processes, provides oversight of the credit granting process, provides credit guidance to team, performance evaluation, effective monitoring and control of portfolio and its compliance and early identification of high risk accounts to minimize the loss.
- Develop and formulate appropriate strategy and budget for Credit Risk and work with CEO to review and approve
- Preparation of materials and acting as chair of the Credit Risk Management Committee
- Work closely with the product and technology team to build one of its kind data driven credit evaluation product
- Recommend enhancement of credit policies and procedures as required periodically
- Oversee entire credit administration functions whilst preserving a high quality client portfolio
- Build and manage a team of credit managers and analysts to conduct evaluation and approve/decline of credit applications/proposals
- Develop relationships with key public and private stakeholders such as investors, business partners, bureaus, funders and international corporations and create a network of reliable business partners and other key players in the financial ecosystem.
Requirement & Skills -
- 10+ years in consumer and commercial credit, NBFC, Fintech funding company. Professional degree from a reputable institution. Good understanding of Indian market in terms of products, competitors and pricing.
- Awareness of the regulatory aspects related to housing finance business and ability to deal with the regulators and all stakeholders.
- Ability to handle complex data and analytics and comprehend the risks across diverse geography /markets and customer segments.
- Ability to work with evolving data points from social scoring to stay ahead of the market. Excellent interpersonal, persuasive and organizational skills including ability to make important decisions and resolve disputes.
- Comfortable in a fast- paced, start-up environment.
We are a VC funded fintech startup based in Bangalore with the audacious goal of building the future of business financing. The founders are IITB and IIMA alumni with past experience at McKinsey, Elevation Capital (previously SAIF Partners), Taskbob, Acko and Hackerrank. We are growing rapidly and looking to build a strong team to join us in this journey.
- An exciting work environment
- Non-hierarchical, performance driven culture
- Rapid growth and learning opportunity
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical insurance coverage
- Significant ESOPs under an employee friendly ESOP policy