Velocity - Finance Controller - CA (6-16 yrs)
Velocity is building the future of financial services for new-age businesses in India. Our vision is to build products that empower new age businesses by solving multiple growth problems for them.
Through revenue based financing, we provide the easiest and fastest way out there to raise growth capital to fulfill marketing and inventory spends of online businesses
Through Velocity Cards, we've built the country's first cash flow based credit card, providing 10x limits as compared to traditional cards
Through Velocity Insights, we unleash the power of your data to drive better business decisions
We are a series-A funded start-up, building new fintech products for small businesses. Founders are IIT-IIM alumni, with prior experience across management consulting, venture capital and fintech startups. We are driven by the mission to empower small business owners with technology and dramatically improve their access to financial services. We have raised a total of $30M across 2 rounds of funding and are backed by some of the most marquee global investors including Peter Thiel's Valar Ventures.
We are looking for superlative hustlers, stellar problem solvers and remarkable team players. Everything else is a plus plus. We are looking for folks who make the Finance, Business and Accounting the center of their universe, who push themselves and team members around them to drive the entire finance function in the best manner possible.
- Manage all accounting operations including billing, A/R, A/P, GL and counsel, cost accounting, inventory accounting, and revenue recognition.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Owning the investor MIS
- Regulatory reporting and filings
- Setting up and driving the business finance metrics along with the business teams
- Managing relationships with banking and debt partners
- Qualified CA with at least 6 years of experience in
- Proven experience in corporate finance
- Experience working in/with Big4 company in audit/accounting domain
- Fintech/NBFC experience will be an added advantage
Velocity culture :
It doesn't matter what your last name is or what you scored in English in class 5, but if you are creative, crave difficult problems, can work in teams, are obsessed with customer feedback and own your shit, we would love to talk to you. What we can assure you is a workplace that's fun, cares about your growth, challenges you and bestows great responsibilities to those with great powers.
Other details :
- Team management: Build a team of accountant and finance managers
- First few problem statements:
- Streamline the entire accounting and taxation process including monthly book closures
- Owning the investor MIS and financial projections
- Setup the business finance reporting's and define the key metrics
- Reporting manager: CEO
- Location: Our HQ in HSR Layout, Bengaluru
Process: 3 interviews + 1 assignment
- This gives you an opportunity to get to know the core team better and evaluate whether you'd like to spend a large proportion of your day with these individuals.
- Total duration: We'll try and fit in our entire process into a two week window, not including the time you might need for the assignment
- Interview content: The discussions test functional expertise, potential team dynamic, ownership levels, problem solving and creative thinking. Sometimes we ask open ended hypothetical questions, other times we just talk about your approach to solving problems. Irrespective, all discussions have a defined framework for success. By doing so we try to rule out the impact of personal biases on hiring decisions.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance Coverage
- Significant ESOPs
- Free Lunch and Snacks
- Cult Membership
- Monthly brand vouchers worth INR 1,000
- Relocation allowances