Velocity - Director - Legal (8-15 yrs)
Position: Director - Legal
The ideal candidate should be an independent, result-oriented, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. A law degree (B.L, LL.B) from a reputed law school is essential. He/she/ they should be punctual, transparent, responsible and able to take end-to-end accountability for their matters.
Key Responsibilities :
- Advise leadership and business teams on an active legal regulatory strategy for our current and upcoming products.
- Review current and upcoming financial regulations across regulators, and advise teams on the applicability and impact of regulatory changes.
- Support Velocity's product teams by advising on legal and risk issues related to Velocity's financial and non-financial offerings.
- Advice on corrective and preventative measures, including risk-based business initiatives and mitigation strategies.
- Train team members on legal issues, best practices, policies, and techniques used to mitigate such issues.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements, contracts, and other transactional documents with various business partners (including our customers, NBFCs, marketing agencies, tech platforms, and other financial institutions), aligning the same with the organization's objectives
- Continuous legal reviews of internal procedures and compliance issues.
- Coordinating with external counsels for advisory and related matters.
- Working as the single point of contact from the legal department for contracts and other documentation support for business verticals and working in coordination with the respective teams.
- Converting business ideas into legal constructs most suitable for the commercial needs of the organization and expanding the constructs into comprehensive contracts keeping in mind commercial and legal risks.
- Remain updated with the latest developments in the areas applicable to Fintech and prepare notes for various stakeholders for matters which have material bearing on legal documentation/contracts
The candidate must have :
8+ years of post-qualification experience in a law firm /fintech/ MNC. Experience in general corporate & end-to-end contract negotiation.
Experience in corporate and business laws related to digital payments, intellectual property, financial services, and fintech business, including RBI/SEBI regulations is desirable.
Ability to independently coordinate with internal and external stakeholders
Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and to re-prioritize quickly to address shifting business needs.
Skills to keep track of legal expenses and promptly notify seniors
Strong legal research and analytical skills.
Passion to analyse legal aspects of new products related to fintech space.
Ability to provide timely support as a team member on a wide array of regulatory projects.
Willingness to identify and take up new tasks and be a team player.
Fluency in MS Office and related tools
We are a VC-funded fintech startup based in Bangalore with the audacious goal of building the future of business financing. The founders are IITB and IIMA alumni with past experience at McKinsey, Elevation Capital (previously SAIF Partners), Taskbob, Acko, and Hackerrank. We are growing rapidly and looking to build a strong team to join us in this journey. We promise:
An exciting work environment
Non-hierarchical, performance-driven culture
Rapid growth and learning opportunity
Comprehensive medical insurance coverage
Significant ESOPs under an employee-friendly ESOP policy