Manager at Velocity.in
Views:5793 Applications:1470 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:109
Velocity - Business & Product Strategy Role - Founders Office - IIT/IIM (2-4 yrs)
Please note that we are looking from only these companies : BCG, Mckinsey, Bain & Company
We are looking for superlative hustlers, stellar problem solvers and remarkable team players. Everything else is a plus plus. We are looking for folks who make the problem statement the centre of their universe, who push themselves and those around them to solve that problem in the best manner possible.
It doesn't matter what your last name is or what you scored in English in class 5, but if you are creative, crave difficult problems, can work in teams, are obsessed with customer feedback and own your shit, we would love to talk to you. What we can assure you is a workplace thats fun, cares about your growth, and bestows great responsibilities to those with great powers.
- Design and deliver high impact strategic initiatives spanning across business expansion, process excellence etc. (independent ownership from conceptualization to execution)
- Devise business case and GTM roadmap for new product lines including sizing opportunity and attractiveness, identifying growth levers, positioning etc.
- Work closely with senior management (the role reports into the Head of Business and Product Strategy, but works closely with all co-founders) to execute key projects, both internal and external
- Drive org-wide goal setting and planning process, assist in institutionalizing people management and org structure, and contribute to shaping strategic decisions across the teams
- Coordinate with different functions within the organization - growth, product, engineering among, credit and others in the deployment of the business initiatives identified
- While this role works on strategically central problem statements, it is not a gyaan role where the output is a powerpoint. It requires quick understanding of the problem context, developing an approach for resolution, and hands on execution either independently or with relevant stakeholders
- Bachelors/ masters degree from Tier 1 college IIT/ IIM (MBA not mandatory) or qualified CAs (either this or a very strong proof of work in scaling a startup)
- 2-4 years of experience in either top tier consulting firms (MBB) or Strategy/ CEOs Office in high growth tech startups
- Experience of having worked across strategy and execution pieces
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication with interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of digital, technology and business, experience in working on digital projects a plus
- Go getter attitude with creative thinking abilities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- We prioritize referrals over inbound applications, and well-written inbound applications (not just a press of the button on LinkedIN) over other channels of recruitment (hiring partners, job sites etc)
- The hiring process includes discussions with 1/2 co-founders and 1-2 other team members, and one assignment. It gives you an opportunity to get to know the core team better and evaluate whether youd like to spend a large proportion of your day with these individuals.
- The discussions test functional expertise, potential team dynamic, ownership levels, problem solving and creative thinking. Sometimes we ask open ended hypothetical questions, other times we just talk about your approach of solving problems. Irrespective, all discussions have a defined framework for success. By doing so we try to rule out the impact of personal biases on hiring decisions.
- Well try and fit in our entire process into a two week window, not including the time you might need for the assignment
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance Coverage
- Free Lunch and Snacks
- Cult Membership
- Monthly brand vouchers worth INR 1,000
- Relocation allowances