Director at Ideal Placement & Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
Views:2282 Applications:322 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Senior Inventory Planner - Steel Industry (5-10 yrs)
- Manage and control inventory using material management concepts to achieve customer service and balanced inventory.
- Establish, monitor and maintain forecasting and inventory control policies. Prepare forecast with sales input and plan inventory requirements for the assigned SKU's.
- Provide analysis with key performance indicators, information for decision making, and recommendation for inventory management.
- Implement creative solutions in the planning team by using project management skills.
- Identify improvements and implement within the team.
- Complete task in timely manner according to departmental and company procedures.
- Maintain open communication and develop good working relationship within the organization and with suppliers.
- Maintain and monitor optimum level of inventory all the time at Houston and Regional DC's.
- Maintain the proper level of orders with different international vendors as per the policy to maximize the profit as well as maintain multiple vendors for each product line.
- Communicate and coordinate with overseas teams to ensure correct understanding, proper execution and timely feedback
- Readiness to travel to China/US, if required.
- Any other work as identified by supervisor
- Using problem solving techniques and application of good judgment in line with industry standard.
- Self initiative and Team-player with proven Soft Skills.
- Manage time and set priorities to meet targets and deadlines.
- Understanding of inventory distribution and supply chain management.
- Knowledge and experience using PC applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Project etc.
- Work experience in ERP planning systems is desired.
- 5 to 10 Years- experience in Supply Chain Management.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.