Manager - Talent Acquisition at Pernod Ricard India
Views:255 Applications:36 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Pernod Ricard India - Senior Manager - Legal/IPR & Data Governance (12-16 yrs)
A Senior Legal Manager who shall handle matters related to Intellectual Property Rights and Data Governance including Data Privacy and acts as a specialized go-to person for such topics.
1. Advising cross functional teams on matters relating to trademarks, copyrights, patents, designs, data privacy etc.
2. Filing and prosecuting trademark applications in co-ordination with external counsels and the Global IP Hub;
3. Filing and defending oppositions in co-ordination with external counsels;
4. Handle the IP litigation and filings in India and abroad;
5. Building strong relationship with external lawyers/law firms.
6. Providing IP / data privacy support to the marketing function;
7. Provide legal advice and commercial risk analysis to the Marketing team over various marketing and IP related issues;
8. Build and strengthen a Data Governance program within the organization;
9. Draft/Vet the Trademark license agreements across the brands and across the globe;
10. Inculcate and develop IP / Data Privacy awareness within the organization;
11. Conduct market visits and train the identified field staff as market intelligence resources to identify the infringing/passing off trademarks;
12. Develop and update IP directory to manage IP related conflicts in India and across the globe;
13. Co-ordinate with Group IP Hub on all the matters of IP.
14. Co-ordinate with the Data Protection team HQ and build a robust mechanism in the organization.
15. Draft/vet the agreements in order to ensure that the rights of the company are well protected, risks/exposures are clearly identified and prevented/minimized/brought on to the table before finalization of the agreement.
16. Draft the replies to the Show Cause Notices/legal notices that would be served on the Company or to be sent by the company.
17. Provide sound and strategic advice to the business on various issues/incidents/legal developments having bearing on the company's operations/business
18. Carryout legal research and case law research on any given matter/assignment irrespective of the function to which it relates.
19. Update the company over the latest developments in law impacting the business/activity of the company.
20. Provide critical analysis of incidents impacting the cross functions of the business
21. Proactive partnership with cross functions to minimize the incidents exposing the company to commercial and penal risks.
22. Prepare the list of pending cases/issues and keep them upto date at all times.
The role involves extensive interactions with cross functional teams in supporting their needs. The incumbent should develop good interpersonal relationship with the client departments in order to get the best information and insights from them.
1. Marketing Team
2. Sales Team
3. IT Team
1. IP officials.
2. Data Privacy officials
KEY PERFORMANCE INDEX
1. Quality of the work - Deep diving in to the facts and the applicable laws;
2. Sound decision making;
3. Quick turnaround time;
4. Sharp advices;
5. Collaborative approach.
Min. Educational Qualification LL.B./B.L.
Post qualification experience Senior Manager -Legal (IP & Data Governance)
12-15 years (Both as a litigating lawyer and as an in-house legal counsel)
Relevant Experience Intellectual Property & Data Governance
Relevant Industry Content and Media
Desirable/Good to have:
Desirable experience Litigation
- Proficiency in all basic laws viz., Contract Law, Property Law, Constitutional law, Civil and Criminal Procedural laws.
- Proficiency in Food Safety Laws, Legal Metrology Laws, Consumer Laws.
- Working knowledge in Industrial and labor laws.
- Working knowledge in general commercial laws viz., Negotiable Instruments Act, Arbitration act, specific relief act etc.
BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS (Both essential & desirable):
- An ability to effectively (concisely and engagingly) communicate legal concepts and advice
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills and demonstrated ability to function well in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Self-motivated and able to deal effectively with strategic issues as well as tactical operational details
- Must exercise sound judgment, be able to work independently and efficiently under time pressure and deadlines in a face-paced environment
- Self-starter that is effective in driving change throughout the business and gaining stakeholder buy-in