Manager - Talent Acquisition at Pernod Ricard India
Views:779 Applications:99 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Pernod Ricard India - Manager - Legal (8-12 yrs)
Manager - Legal
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
In consultation with the Reporting Manager, support one or more cross functions viz., sales, marketing, manufacturing, supply chain, procurement, human resources, finance, IT, corporate affairs etc., in arriving at prudent & pragmatic business decisions consistent with various applicable laws; the support to be rendered includes the following among others :
1. Draft/vet the agreements to ensure that the rights of the company are well protected, risks/exposures are clearly identified and prevented/minimized/brought on to the table before finalization of the agreement.
2. Draft/vet Terms and Conditions for Consumer Campaigns keeping applicable law in mind.
3. Manage litigation pertaining to the assigned areas of responsibility including but not limited to complaints under the NI Act, Civil Suits for recovery, Consumer Complaints, Constitutional Writ Petitions with complete understanding of the matter on facts and in law.
4. Draft the plaints, written statements, petitions, counters, complaints, affidavits, carryout requisite legal/case law research, liaise with external counsels & internal clients, follow-up with external counsels on regular basis, update the MIS, keep the internal clients abreast of the key developments.
5. Draft the replies to the Show Cause Notices/legal notices that would be served on the Company or to be sent by the company.
6. Draft the representations to various authorities ventilating the grievances of the Company and support the sales team in representing company position.
7. Carryout legal research and case law research on any given matter/assignment irrespective of the function to which it relates.
8. Support one or more affiliates of Pernod Ricard in South Asia and act as the first person responsible to provide legal support in consultation with the Manager.
9. Keep abreast with the latest developments in law impacting the business/activity of the company and highlight the same to the Manager / Clients.
10. Prepare the list of pending cases/issues and keep them upto date at all times.
11. Provide periodic reports to cross functional teams as well as to the affiliates, as would be required from time to time.
- The role involves interactions with functional & cross functional teams.
- The incumbent should be a team player and should also develop good interpersonal relationship with the client departments in order to get the best information and insights from them.
- Advocates, consultants, Government officials.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDEX :
- Quality of the work - Deep diving in to the facts and the applicable laws.
- Effective assistance to the Manager
- Quick turnaround time.
- Collaborative approach.
PROFILE DETAILS :
- Min. Educational Qualification LL.B./B.L. from any premier law school such as National Law School; ILS, Pune or equivalent university
- Post qualification experience 8 to 12 years (As in-house legal counsel with some exposure to litigation)
- Relevant Experience Contract Drafting, Advertising Laws, Litigation
- Relevant Industry Alco-bev, FMCG
Desirable/Good to have :
- Desirable experience State Excise Laws, Food Laws
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES :
- Good knowledge of all basic laws viz., Contract Law, Property Law, Constitutional law, Civil and Criminal Procedural laws.
- Knowledge in general commercial laws viz. Arbitration act, Specific Relief Act, Negotiable Instruments Act etc.
- Working Knowledge of Food Safety Laws, Legal Metrology Laws, Consumer Laws.
- Working knowledge in industrial and labour laws.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.