Manager - Talent Acquisition at Pernod Ricard India
Views:1227 Applications:172 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
Pernod Ricard India - AGM - Market Analytics - IIM/MDI/ISB/FMS (12-16 yrs)
Role : AGM- Market Analytics
Pernod Ricard is a global leader in Wine and Spirits with one of the most comprehensive portfolios of the industry with 240 premium brands available in over 160 countries.
Our purpose is to turn every social interaction into a genuine, friendly and responsible experience of sharing. We are unlocking the magic of human connection to grow our business, transform our industry, and make a positive impact on the world. We do this by creating conviviality.
We crave conviviality because it is inherent to humanity and a true source of joy. When we are open to meeting people as our most authentic selves and we share convivial moments, our lives become so much brighter and more vibrant - In those moments we become convivialists - a role each and every one of us should embrace.
Conviviality cannot exist without people, so it follows that consumers are at the core of our long-term strategic model. Understanding changing tastes and consumption patterns ensures we remain consumer centric and true to our purpose.
Our role as Consumer Insights specialists is to enable the business to make the right strategic and commercially savvy evidence-based decisions within the ever-changing context of our consumers and customers lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- The AGM-Marketing Analytics will be instrumental in shaping and realizing a transformation agenda that impacts both the Marketing and Commercial organizations. This role exists to help Pernod Ricard India (PRI) navigate and act upon - the key consumer, shopper, customer, channel, technological and competitive shifts taking place in the increasingly diverse environment in which PRI operates. Not only will the AGM Marketing Analytics ensure that PRI is at the forefront of understanding these key drivers and influences within the market, but he/she will be instrumental in developing potential solutions for PRI to pursue, across Commercial, Marketing and Innovation, in response to these shifts.
- This is a high impact role for an influential leader who is a black belt in Marketing Analytics but also has highly developed commercial and business acumen. To be successful they will have a strong grasp of marketing, customer marketing and commercial, and be highly influential with those parts of the business. A successful AGM Marketing Analytics must be able to move easily between thought leadership and practical, commercially viable implications, influencing senior stakeholders and inspiring a network of Marketing and Commercial leaders.
- Finally, you will need to be able to work in close collaboration with the Brand Planning and Innovation Planning teams, external agencies and partners to connect multiple data sources related to consumer behavior and derive broadly based implications that provide direction to the business. Your role is to ensure PRI makes sense of the rapidly shifting nature of the category in a diverse and ever-changing world and enables our in-market teams to ensure our brands and innovations develop simple, scalable solutions that beat the competition, and ensure our brands win at the moment of choice.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- To deliver leading edge understanding of our consumers, shoppers, and customers with future facing implications that fuel sustainable category growth, deliver consistent customer value and create long term competitive advantage for our brands. The AGM Marketing Analytics is a critical business partner to the Marketing, Customer Marketing and Commercial Teams and will provide thought leadership as well as contribute their unique perspective and skill set to the broader Consumer Insights community.
- This role has a large leadership footprint and needs to be equally influential across senior Marketing and Commercial stakeholders.
- Define and articulate opportunities for PRI to deliver future category growth, customer value, and sustainable competitive advantage in the context of rapidly changing business environment.
- Joining the dots with data and analytics and deliver specific pieces of understanding often in partnership with Consumer Insights, that advance PRI's thought leadership in customer value creation.
- Deliver Best-in-Class Frameworks & Tools - Develop and embed through the global Consumer Insights organization, best in class frameworks and tools related to consumer and shopper insights that can be applied to create sustainable competitive advantage for PRI across our existing and emerging channels.
- Develop a deep understanding of consumers, trade and markets in India across categories, and be the consumer insights and knowledge champion
- Define the data needs with input from stakeholders and then work closely with the brand teams as well as with the suppliers on ensuring high quality deliverables, reporting and analysis
- Display strong focus and involvement in understanding business and brand objectives and working with brand teams to develop and manage learning plans to best meet them
- Provide data to prepare and support brand plans made annually, and to evaluate the effectiveness of the market intervention strategies
- Identify areas for research and manage all market research initiatives, both qualitative and quantitative keeping in mind time and budget
- Identify suitable research agencies, oversee the research activities, collate field data, define logical cuts and check the sanity of the information provided
- Develop questionnaires, analyze and interpret data collected, develop presentations and make recommendations based on findings of the research
- Contribute to the development and application of Best Practices for Consumer and Market Insights within PRI
- Develop strong relationships with global and regional external research suppliers to ensure superior service -and quality
- Conduct regular market research activities to gauge the pulse of the industry and be up to date with latest trends in consumer preferences and competitor strategy
- Conduct regular market assessment exercises to represent market data/activities (own product v/s the competitor)
- Undertake strategic research activities for spotting global and macro-economic trends in spirits industry. Provide strategic feedback like competitor movement, emerging trends, changing consumer preferences to the respective brand head based on market analysis
- Provide deep dive assessments of market focused topics as needed to support internal brands
- Provide high priority industry impact assessments in collaboration with key business unit leaders
- Develop 'knowledge' modules on a regular basis based upon research done on a brand/ segment/ category
PROFILE DETAILS :
- MBA from a premier institute or a Master's degree in Statistics
- 10 - 14 years of work experience; preferably a combination of agency and client-side experience
- Significant and proven leadership experience with evidence of driving sustained cultural and behavioral change at scale within an organization, leveraging diverse inputs including data and analytics, behavioral science, and consumer learning
- Innovative and creative but also intellectually rigorous in his/her thinking
- Great communication skills and ability to interact with and influence a variety of different backgrounds and levels of seniority, as well as different cultures and perspectives
- Strong ability to simplify the complex in order to ensure that our frameworks and tools are fully understood and used across the broader organization
- Should be a self starter, flexible and creative