HR at J p Morgan Chase
Views:545 Applications:145 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:91
JPMorgan Chase - Quant Analytics Associate - Model Risk Governance (3-6 yrs)
- As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks, and using your expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture in Risk Management and Compliance is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo and striving to be best-in-class.
- Model Risk Governance & Review (MRGR) is responsible for conducting model validation to help identify, measure, and mitigate model risk. The objective is to ensure that models are used appropriately in the business context, and that model users are aware of the models' strengths and limitations and how these can impact their business decisions. MRGR carries out model validation activities and works closely with Risk, Finance and LOB professionals to review findings, measure model risks on an on-going basis, and assess risk mitigating strategies.
- As part of MRGR, the Central Governance team is responsible for maintaining the group's governing policies, standards and procedures, while pursuing consistency, best practices, and improvements to our model risk management framework.
- The successful candidate will join the MRGR Central Governance team to support the planning and execution of cross-LOB model risk governance activities, and contribute to the team's efforts in process enhancements.
The role requires the successful candidate to:
- Actively and creatively participate in process (re)engineering and automation initiatives with the aim to achieve operational excellence
- Effectively communicate and manage project expectations and status to program managers, sponsors, team members and other stakeholders in a clear and concise fashion
- Manage multiple governance projects and tasks simultaneously and be flexible to work outside of the defined position as needed
- Maintain and improve MRGR governing policy, standard and procedure documents
- Provide timely responses to information requests for audit/regulatory reviews
Minimum Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
We are looking for someone excited to join our organization. If you meet the minimum requirements below, you are encouraged to apply to be considered for this role.
- Experience in model risk management or model development in a highly regulated environment
- Knowledge in financial modeling (e.g., probability theory, statistics, numerical analysis) and/or financial products (e.g., derivatives, loans, payments, cards)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office for documentation, presentation, data processing and reporting
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong, clear, and concise written and verbal communication
- High degree of initiative, attention to details, and ability to work well under pressure
Additional Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- The following additional items will be considered but are not required for this role.
- Quantitative background e.g., academic degree in Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science
- Professional experience in consulting, risk management, governance, and audit