HR Associate at Talentiser
Views:1514 Applications:422 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:211
Head - Supply Chain & Logistics (12-20 yrs)
The Head of LTL Operations will be responsible for leading the operational execution for multiple terminal locations across the country. The Director of LTL Operations will have oversight of multi-site terminal operations. This role is the key operational leader the end to end LTL network operation.
- Develop and manage expectations of team resources to exceed financial, operational and leadership goals and objectives.
- Ensure business remains focused on customer requirements and operational performance, and the talent to support this ongoing effort is in place.
- Manage Cost Agenda, Customer Service, Operational Excellence
- Manage incoming business, ensuring contracts and renewal negotiations are modeled correctly and can be executed and are profitable.
- Visit sites to ensure presence and coverage, and apply similar discipline and SOPs to direct reports.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders by proactively communicating key information and managing expectations effectively.
- Provide input on corporate initiatives and make certain they are consistently applied.
- Ensure the transfer of best practices and achieve agreed budget, revenue, profit (P&L) for the locations of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance to all accounting, operational, regulatory and administrative policies and procedures.
- Lead the performance management and planning of regional leadership initiatives to include: space, equipment, labor, safety, quality, systems, etc.
- Ensure resource management/equipment planning processes are properly defined, deployed and measured.
- Drive an operational performance agenda with a focus on KPI, safety, quality and service.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in related field of study or equivalent education and work experience required.
- Minimum of 12-18 years related management experience, preferably in 3PL, distribution or LTL operations.
- Ability to lead and be managed by metrics and KPIs while keeping the human element of the operation in mind.
- Proven track record of building and managing high-performing teams across geographies.
- Proven track record of scaling an operation in a short period of time.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, business planning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify issues, requirements and opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.