Manager - Recruitment at ZestMoney
Views:5234 Applications:141 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:136
ZestMoney - Senior Manual - Underwriting (5-8 yrs)
ZestMoney is creating the future of finance. We are on a mission to completely democratize finance using data and technology. Our first product is the wildly successful, completely digital Cardless EMI that is making life affordable for millions of people in India. Today we are the biggest non-bank EMI provider on Flipkart, mi.com, Paytm, MakeMyTrip and 1000+ more brands. We are bringing digital credit to the mass market in India and significantly improving the economy through financial inclusion.
About the Role :
- We are seeking a leader with deep manual underwriting experience to head manual risk underwriting team. This leader will be responsible for overseeing the underwriting and credit approval process and direct the underwriting team in their role of analysing, assessing and mitigating risks on new as well as existing Zestmoney customers.
- This leader will oversee the community of practice of underwriters, establishing a clear credit career track, creating a recruiting pipeline for underwriters, and fostering a culture of continuous skills development and high associate engagement.
- We are seeking a leader that brings a proven track record of managing a underwriting team (preferably in an Indian bank, NBFC or start-up) along with a passion to rapidly innovate in a fast growing environment. This role will have accountability for all aspects of the underwriting team, including decision policies, well-managed execution, and talent management for the team of 5-10 underwriters. In addition, this role will have accountability for maintaining portfolio quality by overseeing new line decisions as well as account management strategies.
- This leader will also be a key link between manual risk underwriting and credit and data science teams to provide regular structured feedback on portfolio quality and recommendations for optimizing the underwriting process.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Directly manage a team of 5-10 underwriters and supporting leadership, including recruiting and talent mgt. responsibilities
- Oversee and be accountable for credit decision quality principles and performance
- Build and disseminate underwriting best practices
- Optimize underwriting queues and processes to satisfy TAT and portfolio risk quality requirements
- Comply with established monitoring standards
- Schedule and conduct periodic portfolio and industry reviews
- Identify of emerging problems within the portfolio
- Identify structural enhancements to improve credit and reduce risk exposure
- Drive improvements to underwriting techniques, loan approval policies, and portfolio management processes
- Partner with Credit Risk Management to ensure decisions are within risk tolerances
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge of the customers, loan portfolio, competitive environment, economic trends, and policies
Key Skills Required :
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- MBA or Master's degree
- 5+ years directly managing underwriting talent
- 8+ years- experience in loan underwriting
- Strong analytical mind-set and numeric abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of credit risk analysis/underwriting principles, methods, practices and regulatory requirements
- Proficient with MS Office and various loan origination systems, basic SQL
- Ability to approach problems in a quantitative and qualitative manner, attention to details