Manager - Recruitment at ZestMoney
Views:5087 Applications:211 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:197
ZestMoney - Manager - Credit Risk Strategy & Optimization (4-7 yrs)
About Us :
ZestMoney is creating the future of finance. We are on a mission to completely democratize finance using data and technology. Our first product is the wildly successful, completely digital Cardless EMI that is making life affordable for millions of people in India. Today we are the biggest non-bank EMI provider on Flipkart, mi.com, Paytm, MakeMyTrip and 1000+ more brands. We are bringing digital credit to the mass market in India and significantly improving the economy through financial inclusion.
About the Role :
- As a Manager Credit Risk Strategy and Optimization at ZestMoney, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You- ll team with best in industry professionals to develop and test risk strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line (revenue growth and risk management) and you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibilities, promote continuous learning, and reward innovation.
- This role will have accountability across maintaining portfolio quality by overseeing new credit line decisions, account management strategies, and recommendations for optimizing the manual underwriting process.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Strategic : Develop business strategies that will help manage risk and drive growth for ZestMoney in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory demands
- Leadership : Coaching and mentoring associates with a goal of developing and retaining talent at ZestMoney
- Credit Risk : Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behaviour, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution : Manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute strategy while working closely with the Risk Technology team
- Partnership : Work closely with colleagues across ZestMoney including: Decision Science, Risk Manual Underwriting Team, Product, Merchant, Growth and others to drive improvement in risk
- Strategic & analytic orientation : A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment : He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Strong communication skills : Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation : display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous start-up experience is a plus
Key Skills Required :
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3 years- experience in credit risk management roles (preferably consumer loans) in an Indian bank, NBFC, or e-commerce start-up
- MBA or Master's degree in Finance or Accounting
- 4+ years- experience in credit risk management roles (preferably consumer loans) in an Indian bank, NBFC, or e-commerce start-up