Co-founder and Chief of Operations at Yulu
Views:1809 Applications:246 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:197
Yulu - Manager - Maintenance Optimization (5-7 yrs)
Who we are:
- Yulu is a technology driven mobility platform to enable Integrated Urban Mobility across public and private modes of transport. Using Micro Mobility Vehicles (MMVs) through a user-friendly mobile app, Yulu provides a seamless, shared and sustainable first and last-mile connectivity.
- Yulu is built on a simple philosophy to make Urban Mobility Seamless, Shareable and Sustainable. What started off as an initiative to reduce traffic congestion and pollution in Indian cities is now redefining urban mobility in the global context.
- We are a mission-driven company based out of India with experienced founding team and big ambition. At Yulu, we believe that every day is a milestone and success is about making a difference. If you are passionate about the challenges of urban mobility, chaotic congestion and sustainable living, let's have a conversation!
- Yulu manages a large fleet of bikes to deliver a great riding experience to our customers every time. We continuously maintain our bikes 24x7x365 on the road and in our workshops on a proactive and reactive basis across the cities where we operate. There is a need to optimize this repairs and maintenance (R&M) activity in terms of turn around times (TAT), spare parts usage, training of personnel, infrastructure and methodologies for repairs and maintenance etc.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Yulu is looking for a Maintenance Optimization Manager who is passionate about building a culture of micro- mobility using MMVs in India. You will be reporting to the Operations Design Manager.
1. You will be responsible for optimizing the R&M activity for an even better customer experience by increasing availability of well-maintained and usable bikes.
2. All R&M activities on the field/road and the workshops are performed flawlessly on 24x7x365 basis.
3. Constantly review the various types of R&M ongoing from time to time across the country and spot areas of improvement by conducting root cause analysis (RCA) and advising the:
3 (a). The R&M team to optimize the processes, methodologies and tools to conduct repairs and thus reducing TAT and costs to conduct R&M at a per bike level.
3(b). product team on improvements in the product design and features in future versions of the bikes thus enhancing customer experience and better availability of good quality usable bikes on the road and hence increasing rides per bike and the revenue thereof.
3(c). spare parts procurement desk to make qualitative and pricing improvements from the vendors.
4. Setting up state of the art facilities in all Yulu workshops following global best practices in the domain.
5. Create SOPs, review processes, have them implemented on the ground and lead projects where necessary - in harmony with the five Yulu Operating Principles and the priorities.
6. Come up with and encourage out of the box solutions for R&M problems and be the ambassador for creative problem-solving within the Operations vertical.
7. Be abreast with various developments in the latest developments in the EV/R&M domain globally and represent Yulu's interest as and where necessary.
8. Ensuring that all R&M locations and staff follow appropriate health and safety measures with zero exceptions. Advising ways to further improve the working conditions of the R&M staff and increasing the employee satisfaction.
9. Coordinate with City Heads and the Heads of the various activities/verticals in the Operations vertical and strengthen the profile of the R&M activity.
10. Raise various technical and other requirements to various central functions like operations-design, technology, marketing, HR etc.
11. Coordinate with the Operations Learning and Development team to ensure timely training of personnel.
12. Nurture the existing external partnerships in the R&M domain and collaborate with more.
13. Use data to find insights and improvement areas and advice/implement changes.
14. Keep the organization and management informed of status, progress and plans.
15. You will be measured on R&M cost (per: repair, bike, trip), availability of usable bikes, customer satisfaction index, the efficiency of the overall R&M activity in operations etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
a. 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
b. Understanding of the domain, i.e. R&M, operations, logistics, supply chain, fleet management and mobility. Experience in EV is highly preferred.
c. A go-getter with an execution-oriented mindset who is excited about making a big impact.
d. A data-driven decision-making approach.
e. Preferably an MBA.
f. Be a self-starter who thrives in a rapidly growing organization. Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities.
g. Great communication and interpersonal skills