Yulu - EV Maintenance Optimization Manager (5-7 yrs)
Who we are:
Yulu is a technology driven mobility platform to enable Integrated Urban Mobility across public and private modes of transport. Using Micro Mobility Vehicles (MMVs) through a user-friendly mobile app, Yulu provides a seamless, shared and sustainable first and last-mile connectivity.
Yulu is built on a simple philosophy to make Urban Mobility Seamless, Shareable and Sustainable. What started off as an initiative to reduce traffic congestion and pollution in Indian cities is now redefining urban mobility in the global context.
We are a mission-driven company based out of India with experienced founding team and big ambition. At Yulu, we believe that every day is a milestone and success is about making a difference. If you are passionate about the challenges of urban mobility, chaotic congestion and sustainable living, let's have a conversation!
Yulu manages a large fleet of bikes to deliver a great riding experience to our customers - every time. We continuously maintain our bikes 24x7x365 on the road and in our workshops on a proactive and reactive basis across the cities where we operate. There is a need to optimize this repairs and maintenance (R&M) activity in terms of turn around times (TAT), spare parts usage, training of personnel, infrastructure and methodologies for repairs and maintenance etc.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Yulu is looking for EV Maintenance Optimization Manager who is passionate about building a culture of micro-mobility using MMVs in India. You will be reporting to the Operations Design Manager.
1. You will be responsible for optimizing the R&M activity for an even better customer experience by increasing availability of well-maintained and usable bikes.
2. Ensuring all R&M activities on the field/road and the workshops are performed seamlessly.
3. Review and improve upon the various types of ongoing R&M activities across the country by conducting root cause analysis (RCA) and advising the:
a. The R&M team on optimizing the processes, methodologies and tools thereby reducing TAT and costs to conduct R&M per bike.
b. Product team on improvements in the design and features for future versions of the bikes with the goal of ensuring availability to enhance overall customer experience while increasing asset (bike) utilization.
c. Spare parts procurement desk on securing qualitative and cost efficient deals with vendors.
4. Setting up standardized workshop operations in all Yulu workstations, in line with global best practices.
5. Reviewing processes and creating SOPs for on-ground implementation leading projects where necessary ensuring harmony with the five Yulu Operating Principles and the priorities.
6. Coordinating with the Product team for design and integration of R&M processes on Yuzen (Yulu operations app)
7. Keeping tabs on the latest developments in the EV/R&M domain globally and spotting processes Yulu can leverage.
8. Ensuring that all R&M staff abide by appropriate health and safety measures at all times.
9. Coordinate with City Heads and the Heads of the various activities in the Operations vertical to strengthen the profile of the R&M activity.
10. Identifying and raising various technical and other requirements to various central functions such as operations-design, technology, marketing, HR etc.
11. Using data to identify improvement area, maintaining R&M dashboard and formulating plans to implement changes.
12. Reporting all R&M Activity status, progress and plans to organizational heads.
13. Your performance will be measured on R&M cost (per: repair, bike, trip), availability of usable bikes, customer satisfaction index, the efficiency of the overall R&M activity operations.
Qualifications and Skills:
a. 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
b. Understanding of the domain, i.e. R&M, operations, logistics, supply chain, fleet management and mobility. Experience in EV is highly preferred.
c. A go-getter with an execution-oriented mindset who is excited about making a big impact.
d. A data-driven decision-making approach.
e. Preferably an MBA.
f. Be a self-starter who thrives in a rapidly growing organization. Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities.
g. Great communication and interpersonal skill