Manager - Talent Management at Xseed Education
Views:715 Applications:45 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
XSEED Education - Engineering Manager (7-9 yrs)
Design and lead the development of an education-technology product spanning web and mobile front-ends and a micro-services back-end. The users would include teachers, students, parents and school owners.
We are looking for a qualified technologist with 7+ years of experience, to lead a team of programmers and provide effective guidance as they are developing consumer-facing, new-age, digital-first educational products. You should have prior experience leading the development of several tech products that reached significant scale in the market.
As part of the Technology Team in XSEED, you will be involved in designing, building and deploying a range of new products and features architected around our in-house Educational Semantic Foundation. You- ll work with a team of brilliant tech leaders and developers to produce engaging and life-changing web and mobile applications, which will be used by students, parents and teachers. You will also work on the analysis of the performance data of millions of students from across the globe, to measure, report and improve the learning of the students. You will need to routinely use NLP, computer vision and deep learning models in many projects to achieve the objectives.
As a team leader, you will be the contact point for all developers, so your communication skills should be excellent. You should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration. You will have the freedom to experiment with and adopt new technologies, implement new team best practices and engage with end-users to get direct feedback.
Ultimately, you should lead by setting a good example and engage the team to achieve goals.
TECHNOLOGY STACK USED AT XSEED :
- Since working on our product involves core mobile and web technologies, we are always looking for people with good Programming skills.
- Mobile Development skills include native Flutter, iOS (Swift), native Android (Kotlin), React Native.
- Multiple Machine Learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch), Bot frameworks (Microsoft Bot Framework, DialogFlow) and Computer Vision frameworks (OpenCV, Google Cloud Vision API).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS :
- 7+ Years of relevant industry experience, leading the development of tech products that reached a significant scale in the market.
- Proficient in at least three core development technologies used within XSEED. You should have a sharp understanding of front-end and back-end application technologies. You should have a stronghold on common software-programming design principles. Familiarity with a variety of data-stores is expected. A penchant for good API design and obsession over high-performance would definitely set you apart.
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor. Consistently demonstrated ability to exceed the requirements of a technical lead.
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics to monitor and measure the output of a software development team.
- Excellent communication, leadership skills, time-management skills and decision-making skills.
- Good knowledge of AGILE product development lifecycle and the process tools: SCRUM, JIRA-like tools; Familiarity with Pair Programming is a must.
- Passion for learning, fiddling, tinkering, researching, teaching and sharing.
- Technology is constantly evolving, and you will need to learn new programming languages and software design methods as they arise. Knowledge in NLP, ML and Computer Vision frameworks would make you stand apart and be a major plus point.
- Delivery: Quality, on time delivery of agreed deliverables. Pay high attention to detail in all work.
- Technical Architecture: Define and coordinate the technical tasks for the development of the software and/or interfaces. This includes app architecture, DB design, devops architecture among others.
- Hands-on Coding: Participate in the development of the architecturally significant components of the software system and/or interfaces. Own coding for one or more modules of the project under development. Also, participate in and own datacentre upkeep and expansion plans (DevOps activities).
- Manage QA activity: Work with QA team to use automated frameworks to perform all testing.
- High Performance: Obsessively chase app performance. Employ industry-leading tools to monitor, report and improve app performance, like NewRelic.
- Team Environment: Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture. Leverage Agile development methodologies.
- Mentor: Act as a mentor for the developers on the team. Maintain high team morale. Encourage creativity and risk-taking. Monitor team performance, reward accomplishments and report on metrics, which can be used for appraisals.
- Always up-to-date: Remain knowledgeable of current technology and carry out research to identify new trends that can be used to achieve maximum results. Benchmark new technologies; work on continuous upgradation of technical artifacts. Be an active member of cloud and mobile industry and attend meetups, conferences, etc.
- Onboarding new developers: Maintain training documentation to bring new hires quickly up-to speed and productive.