Xiaomi - Product Manager - Smartphones (1-5 yrs)
Xiaomi - Product Manager - Smartphones
Profile Summary :
- Key responsibility of this role is to help understand the product related requirements of offline customers along with the prevalent trends at any point in time.
- Additionally, to highlight strengths of offline centric competitors in terms of their product features and ways they use to demonstrate those features. These inputs will then form a part of product definition/portfolio decisions.
Role & Responsibilities :
- Spend majority of time in the offline market and understand the nuances of the offline trade - develop knowledge not only limited to product, but also of other divers like the margin structure, promoter influence and other available levers
- Map offline customers- needs and desires by conducting relevant primary/secondary research
- Stay on top of offline market trends and conduct analysis of the competing products/brands/schemes to optimize channel experience
- Ownership of offline related product lines - which includes working with cross-functional teams to ensure product quality, product related marketing communication, strong NPS, planning product refreshes etc.
- Coordinate with PM and other team members of headquarter and maintain effective information sharing between China and India
- Competition analysis and tracking by features, price, channel, segment etc.
Desired Skills & Experience :
- Should have experience in offline market or offline centric product launches and GTM
- Robust understanding of smartphone features and inquisitive to understand mobile users- behaviour
- Interest in smartphone technologies and an ability to learn complex technical stuff
- Having offline experience of minimum 6 months
- Readiness to travel: This role requires travel for up to 15 days in a month
- Fast learner and the ability to quickly adapt to multicultural environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of multiple Indian languages is an added benefit