WSP - Specialist - Learning & Development (5-8 yrs)
Role Summary :
The role of the Learning & Development Specialist is to provide specialist project support within the Learning and Development Team (L&D). Working together in the team, enables our people to continually develop personally and professionally to make a valuable contribution, deliver our strategic goals and experience success.
This position offers a mix of training delivery, L&D project work, Career development, Succession planning relationship building across the business along with support for training coordination and administration. There are opportunities for the right candidate to develop their skills and experience and progress their career in Learning and Development. The incumbent should be a go-getter, who understands the business and believes in developing, facilitating the learning avenues as per the agile business needs. Should possess insight into new learning methodologies and emerging practices in the Engineering design space. Knowledge of Instructional design using authoring tool for e-learning programs will be an added advantage.
Specific duties of this role will include:
Stakeholder Management :
The role will be highly client facing, ensuring all queries (telephone, email, and face to face) are dealt with promptly and politely. It will be essential to utilize and grow relationships within the business in order that the L&D Team is demonstrating the value added to the business.
- Leading, training & business partnering with business to ensure efficiency in business operations and meeting of individual & function targets
- Conducting meetings for evaluating training needs and designing or streamlining processes to ensure smooth functioning
- Creating and sustaining a dynamic environment in accordance with business needs that fosters development opportunities & motivates high performance
- Manage & Assess the learning and performance needs of individuals and groups (WSP divisions) and make recommendations for closing the skills, knowledge and competency gaps.
Facilitation and Learning Delivery :
- The role will require the job-holder to undertake facilitation within colleague environments, for example, feedback sessions following surveys and - lunch and learn- development sessions within local offices as well as - Welcome to WSP workshops- for all new starters
- The role will require the development of classroom-based and workshop orientated learning delivery skills. Full support, coaching, and feedback will be provided as part of this skills development. The anticipated delivery proportion of the role will grow with skills development and competence.
- Create learning plans for multiple functions & divisions within the region.
- E-Learning, Data Integrity and Systems
- Take a lead on investigating opportunities to more effectively employ E-Learning as a learning tool within the business through exploration of external best practice, internal consultation and cost-benefit proposal submissions to the Head of HR
- Responsible for the collation and improvement of L&D reporting, in order to accurately reflect the workload and impact of our team. This includes ensuring full and accurate recording of all L&D data, and data integrity on the HR system (Agresso)
- Identifying training needs across levels through mapping of skills required for different roles and analysis of the existing level of competencies
- Work with subject matter experts to develop & deliver learning sessions and content for non-technical/professional and technical content including project management, leadership, and management development, presentation skills, and team building.
- Own the process and responsible for successful closures of ISO and its standards implementation in learning and development.
- Seek internal feedback and examine external best practice (including stories, impact, and measurements) and liaise with our Marketing and Communications team to share the successes of the team across the business.
- Create our quarterly L&D communication report and create, update and maintain the Learning and Development pages of the INDIA Intranet including University, our online learning resource library.
- Design, implement and manage various learning programs such as New Professional Orientation, New Graduate Programs, Career Rotations, Project Management, Leadership Training, and Supervisor Development.
Graduates and Scholarship/sponsored students:
- Gather data on sponsorship requirements from the business and manage the sponsorship agreement process and in addition, will liaise with the business to source placements for sponsored students.
- They will also maintain records of current graduates including capturing starters and will update and maintain our database of professional development mentors.
- External training & Professional Development
- Liaise with external training providers for a course and examination booking and arrange office visits with professional bodies
- Processing of invoices will be a common activity within this role.
Regularly contribute to ad hoc and one off special projects to increase our professional approach and measure the impact of what we are doing.
Key Competencies / Skills:
- Excellent I.T. skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, navigation of intranet sites and various web based packages is essential. Experience of HR/Training systems would be desirable.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with business and project requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to quickly build relationships and work with colleagues at all levels within the business
- Must be a good team player
- Helpful, professional, personable and friendly manner
- Ability to prioritize workload in line with business requirements
- Ability to produce work and reports accurately and work to tight deadlines
- Database management including manipulation of data and production of reports
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to details
Desired Skills :
- Candidate should be positive, pro-active, and curious, with a passion for learning and a desire for pursuing L&D as a long-term career.
- You should love seeking out answers and are perhaps looking to achieve your certificate in L&D practice with the flexibility for some travel.
- 5+ years of experience
- Should be an MBA
- Minimum 5 years- Experience with Postgraduate degree in HR
- Existing experience of working in an L&D role would be desirable
Salary offered : 8-18LPA