Wipro - IP Counsel Role - Legal Team - LLB (2-5 yrs)
Job Description :
- IP Counsel - Wipro legal team is looking for a motivated and imaginative individual for its corporate IP group. This position will be based in Bangalore and support all forms of IP issues across the organization. The new hire will be involved in interfacing with several groups within the organization for IP evangelization & risk compliance.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Assisting contracts team with reviewing & negotiating IP issues in services agreements, joint-IP agreements, in-licenses, - as-service- agreements, escrow, partnership agreements etc. This involves interacting with technology teams to define rights & obligations based on actual technical & commercial construct of the engagement.
- Providing support to teams investing in development of proprietary assets and to sales teams commercializing such assets in services offerings. Negotiate out-bound license agreements with clients for usage of proprietary assets for service delivery.
- Enable cross-functional communication by translating technical jargons & related legal issues for diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Review issues such as ownership, license, derivative works, warranty, security etc, particularly in context of emerging technologies such as AI, Cloud, IoT, Blockchain etc.
- The role requires continuous fine-tuning & consistent execution of both upstream & downstream processes of managing Wipro's IP Assets. This included assessing & articulating different layers of risks at stages of conceptualization, development and commercialization.
- The role also requires assessing IP ownership of proprietary software assets, to prevent potential conflicts with clients & partners.
- Manage overall IP clearance process & its dashboards, including open source compliance, patent risk assessment etc. Provide consulting to internal stakeholders on these issues and reflect corresponding provisions in license agreements.
- Interfacing with Open Source compliance team to assess compliance and devise methods to mitigate the risks.
- To front-end & coordinate with all internal stakeholders & law firms for all patent, copyright, trademark or domain name disputes or litigations. Conduct legal research and related internal investigation for handling legal notices pertaining to any IP dispute.
- To conduct IP due diligence for target companies identified for acquisition. Work with M&A and business teams to gather facts & context relevant for identifying IP issues and suggest approach to mitigate risks or contractual gaps.
- Resolve issues based on sound legal research of US, European and Indian copyright, trade secret & patents laws. Should have clear understanding of Berne convention, DMCA, Copyright exception doctrines, creative commons, Madrid Protocol & other new age IP issues.
- LLB degree, preferably with specialization in Intellectual Property.
- Should have a background in B.Tech/B.Sc/BCA with a specialization in Electrical, Computer Science, Electronics or IT only.
- 2-5 years of specific experience of in drafting, reviewing & negotiating agreements, particularly in software product or services industry.
- Enthusiastic approach to work with high degree of curiosity & imagination.
- Strong inclination to articulate & simplify issues and ability to question the status quo.
- The candidate needs to have sustainable drive and have a pro-active disposition.
- Keen outlook towards technology trends in software industry.
- Should possess strong business acumen, ethics and high integrity.
Wipro is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and makes all employment and employment-related decisions without regard to a person's race, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.