Wipro - Assistant Vice President - Fund Accounting & Private Equity - CA (12-22 yrs)
AVP - Fund Accounting and Private Equity (CA Qualified only)
Position Summary :
- Candidate should be CA -Qualified. 13 years experience post qualification.
- The Fund Finance and Operations ("FFO") team consist of approximately 80 employees, based out of the New York, Tokyo, Warsaw, Brisbane and our head office in London.
- We are now setting up a Centre of Excellence (COE) for Fund Accounting in Bangalore and the role will be part of the Fund Accounting team at the COE.
- Reporting to the Head of Fund Accounting, you will assist in financial control and management of the financial reporting processes for a designated set of Funds, Carried Interest Partner and related General Partner entities.
- In addition, you will also manage a team of Fund Accounting Associates (COE) helping the Associates to deliver their role. The role involves co-ordination and interaction with multiple stakeholders both internal and external to the client such as Fund Administrators, Auditors, PLC Group Finance, etc.
Primary Responsibilities :
The responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to :
Fund Accounting and Investor Reporting :
- Support oversight and delivery of the quarterly financials, investor and regulatory reporting.
- Overseeing a team of 6 Fund accountants to provide direction, guidance and review.
- Oversight and high-level knowledge over a number of different strategies.
- Assist in the annual financial statement production across designated Funds and support in managing the audit process and team's delivery in line with KPI's
- Interaction with the Fund Administrators to ensure financial reporting is accurate and timely and reflects all relevant insight from the wider team.
- Support in managing Fund cash and liquidity, including bridge facilities, treasury positions and counterparty exposure
- Review and approval of invoices in adherence with the organization wide and Fund specific policies
- Support in capital activities (capital calls and distributions) with shadow calculations and first review of related information (calculations, notices, ILPA templates) produced by Fund Administrators
- Assist in monitoring the compliance of the Fund LPA and side letter agreements.
- Help develop processes and controls in CoE
- Manage external investor queries and internal investor relations demands.
- Formal documentation of technical matters and supporting judgements about the complex accounting, including broader fund matters which impact the Fund's financial records.
- Support in review and understanding the detail behind the investment valuations and other valuation information for suitability for financial reporting.
- Support management of the complexity of the fund structures and governing documents such that the operations reflect the intended tax planning.
- Review investor reporting outputs to ensure consistency with Fund financials.
- Ensure there is adequate process documentation and control for your areas of responsibility.
- Back-up and cover will also need to be provided to other functional support areas within Operations or to other team members on an ad-hoc basis.
Group Reporting :
- Support review of Management Fees and subsequent reporting to PLC Group Finance.
- Support reporting of AUM/FUM information to PLC Group Finance.
- Support in gathering other ad hoc data requests from PLC Group Finance.
Administrator Oversight, Systems and Process Management :
- Assist with Fund Administrator assessments and feedback including monitoring administrator delivery against SLAs and KPIs.
- Monitoring team KPI's
- Work with Operations to ensure that the deals are correctly recorded in-house systems and take responsibility for maintaining the integrity of data.
- There will also be an opportunity to assist in projects involving new in-house systems and procedures.
Annual Performance Expectations :
- Timely and effective monthly and quarterly reporting on funds.
- Management of the audit process of funds.
- Accurate and timely production of the annual financial statements across funds.
- Adhere to all procedures and processes around investor queries and internal IR.
- Timely and accurate general reporting and fund analysis.
- Adhering to all regulatory reporting requirements, globally.
- Accurate documentation of technical matters and supporting judgements.
- Timely and accurate calculation of fees.
- Development of a deep understanding of fund structures.
- Timely and accurate review of fund expenses, drawdowns & distributions.
- Effectively manage and monitor administrator delivery against SLA's and KPI's.
- Accuracy of fund related data and information on systems.
Key Requirements/ Qualifications :
- Chartered Accountant with at least 7-10 years of PQE
- Extensive experience in either Fund Administration, Private Equity & Venture Capital and/ or accounting experience gained in an Asset Manager, Fund Administrator.
- Very strong team player who is happy to work in a collegiate and consultative manner.
- Strong knowledge of private fund structures and reporting issues.
- Conscientious with excellent attention to detail.
- Advanced Excel skills, including financial modelling, and strong PowerPoint.
- Prior experience of managing a team
- Good understanding of carry structures and waterfalls.
- Technical knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and Lux GAAP.
- Understanding of financial instruments across the capital structure.
- Thorough understanding of carry structures and waterfalls.
- Experience of complex private equity fund performance measurement and reporting matters.
Individual Profile :
- Highly driven and motivated.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Confident and strong communicator, with advanced interpersonal skills.
- Technical mindset with a positive, flexible and 'can do' attitude and ability to deliver under pressure.
- Commercial mindset when approaching tasks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to work with large amounts of data.