WinZO - Head - Data Science/Machine Learning (5-10 yrs)
- A candidate for this position has to have had at least 7 years of working experience in a data science position, preferably working as a Senior Data Scientist. The candidate for this position will have to be highly proficient and experienced in scripting languages and have rapid prototyping skills, that is, fluency in SQL, Python, Perl, Java, VB, among others.
- The candidate must also have a proven and successful experience track record of leading high-performing data analyst teams leading through the successful performance of advanced quantitative analyses and statistical modeling that positively impact business performance.
- A suitable candidate will also have had experience working with and influencing and possess vast experience and expertise with probability and statistics, inclusive of machine learning, experimental design, and optimization. As a bonus he will also have had experience working with Hadoop.
- The Head of Data Science is tasked with maintaining a deep understanding the business's marketplace dynamics.
- He takes initiative and conducts exploratory data analyses and experimental designs, which will help the business to better understand trends and behavior within these markets and settle on the most suitable strategies to drive success and achievements of goals and targets.
- The Head of Data Science will also play an analytical role where he will drive experimental data modeling designs within the business. He will constantly run A/B tests in order to evaluate changes in the business's product/services.
- It is also the duty of the Head of Data Science to track the business's performance against data analysis model and monitor trends in key business KPIs, providing valuable insights to relevant departments for overall business performance improvement.
- The role of the Head of Data Science is a highly collaborative one and in this position he works closely with other Data and Analytics Teams, inclusive of data analytics, data warehousing, and data engineering teams in creating big data applications through the utilization of structured and unstructured data, designing optimal data architecture, and experimenting on new machine learning techniques.
- The Head of Data Science also plays a strategic role where he is tasked with continuously improving the business's data analysis model, creating industry-leading performance through the leveraging of new and creative data-sources, and employing the latest in machine learning in the department.
- Communication skills will also be a necessity for the Head of Data Science. As a departmental leader he must be able to convey important messages and information down the line in order to ensure proper exception of duties by junior data science personnel.
Technological Savvy/Analytical Skills:
- The Head of Data Science will also need to be technologically adept and especially demonstrate an understanding of database and computer software.
- The Head of Data Science must also be highly skilled in statistical and modeling packages such as SAS, Statistics, Matlab, R, visualization and other advanced analysis tools.
- He will also be an expert in data management programming such as SQL, PL-SQL, and Python as well as being familiar win the workings of motion-tracking data and time-series analyses.
- A suitable candidate for this position will be a team-builder, be result-oriented, be proactive and self-driven requiring minimal supervision, be open and welcoming to change, be a creative and strategic thinker, have innovative problem-solving skills, be highly organized, have an ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks prioritize and meet tight deadlines, and demonstrate calmness in times of uncertainty and stress.
- The Head of Data Science is a people person who is able to form strong, lasting, and meaningful bonds with others people.
- This will make him an approachable and trustworthy individual who junior personnel readily follow and who senior Data and Analytics executives and stakeholders trust and who's insights they give credit to, making execution of his duties that much easier.
- B2C and coding background will be preferred.