HR Officer at Willis Towers Watson
Views:2591 Applications:108 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Willis Towers Watson - Senior Officer/Assistant Manager - Legal (3-4 yrs)
- Responsible for the effective and efficient administration of the organization and certifying the organization's compliance with the provisions of the Companies Act and other statutes and bye-laws of the organization
- Facilitate the Annual General/Extraordinary Meetings, Board meetings, Committee Meetings and to maintain a correct record of proceedings
- Preparation of the agenda in consultation with the Chairman and the other documents for all the meetings organized
- Preparation of Director's report and its attachments, corporate governance report, Annual Report of the organization etc.
- Provide to the Directors of the organization required guidance in discharging duties, responsibilities and powers
- Assist and advise the Board in ensuring good corporate governance and in complying with the corporate governance requirements and best practices.
- Liaise and follow up with regulatory authorities / external agencies on behalf of the organization
- Any other responsibility as assigned by the competent authority from time to time
- Additional Responsibility for the effective and efficient administration and management of the organization's regulatory compliance with applicable laws or as notified by the Law Department
Principal Account abilities:
- Manager or manager of people or individual contributor: Individual contributor
- Geographic scope of role: Mumbai
- Action Oriented; Attention to detail, Approachable; Good Command
Skills; Ethics and Values; Integrity and Trust; Interpersonal Savvy; Managerial Courage; Peer Relationships; good verbal & written communication skills
- Required Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- 3 to 4 years experience in independently handling the role of Company Secretary
- Company Secretary qualification from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)
- Pursuing or completed LL.B or MBL shall be an additional advantage
- Contributor with good cross-functional interpersonal and influencing skills, proactive rather than reactive, organised, and methodical, strong communication skills, both verbal and in writing skills.
- Fluent business English is essential, strong probing skills, Negotiation skills, IT literate - knowledge of Microsoft office packages needed.
Knowledge/Experience: Company Secretarial:
- Apply & obtain various licenses under applicable laws and handle related compliances.
- Compliances with respect to STPI, EPCG, FRRO, Companies Act, and so on.
- Government liaison.
- Review of Vendor Contracts, Agreements, MOUs, Non-Disclosure Agreement's (NDA- s)
- Review of Contracts including leases.
- Co-ordinating & liaisoning with different functions within the company, Consultants and statutory authorities.
- Keep updated on all the latest circulars/notification & any other amendments related to Companies Act/Labour Law/Customs/Taxation, etc.
Regulatory Requirements -
Must be a Company Secretary with 3-4 years of relevant experience. Litigation, Regulatory Compliance experience will be an advantage.