Manager Talent Acquisition at Williams Lea
Views:2406 Applications:92 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Williams Lea Tag - Senior Manager - Finance - CA/CPA (10-20 yrs)
The Senior Manager Finance for Williams Lea provides comprehensive support necessary to provide accurate, timely and valid tax and accounting treatment and results appropriate to the company, and supports the global tax, statutory, and compliance initiatives.
- Qualified CA/CPA; relevant certification preferred
- 10 to 15 years- experience in accounting practices and/or tax function of a multi-national business
- Able to apply local tax regulations and pronouncements International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and professional judgment to more complex tax, accounting or finance tasks in accordance with company standards and in cases of less clearly defined parameters
- Applies tax and accounting knowledge to ledger, balance sheet and treasury activities to support accurate general ledger accounting
- Able to analyze more complex balance sheet reconciliations to ensure proper application of tax and accounting policies
- Able to understand and apply tax processes and tax controls necessary to file accurate, timely and valid tax returns in in consultation with and supported by colleagues, the Group Head of Tax and external advisors.
- Able to adhere to timelines and produce expected results professionally within pressured situations
- Analytical, organized, self-motivated, confidential and ethical contributor to the business
- Advanced MS Office (example: Excel) and financial software user (example: Workday) and tax software (example: Avalara)
- Number and title(s) of direct reports (if any): None
- Received: Global Head of Financial Control
- Internal: This position works closely with Tax, Finance and Accounting team members, internal WLT operations teams and support team members
- External: Vendors, Auditors
- Supports the transition of tax services from Williams Lea Tag to internal resources and/or external advisors and takes reasonable steps to comply with tax obligations supported by the WLT tax function and external advisors.
- Reviews services provided by external advisors for completeness and compliance, for example, US Federal and States tax compliance.
- Oversees the issuance of US Form 1099s and 1042s
- Supports the H2 2018 transition from OneSource to AvaTax for US Sales & Use Tax in consultation with WLT Finance colleagues, Avalara and other external service providers as appropriate and identifying opportunities and efficiencies.
- Monthly preparation and analysis of sales and use tax reports and reconciliation were not supported by software system
- Prepare and file monthly and quarterly state and local returns for WLT US entities
- Review use tax accruals and report on returns
- Review and handle requests for sales tax exemption certificates and add to the software system
- Prepare and file personal property tax returns for more than 400 locations in approximately 24 states in the US, pay assessments, respond to notices and inquiries and appeal incorrect assessments.
- Check that software systems are integrating correctly and work with colleagues to plan for changes.
- File GST-QST-HST monthly returns for WLT Canada entities
- Takes responsibility for the Americas tax calendar and assist with issues related to Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Argentina in particular
- Various state and city business licenses and miscellaneous taxes filings
- Prepares, reviews and records journal entries in accordance with company policy and IFRS regulations
- Prepares and provides balance sheet account reconciliations
- Ensures the use of appropriate templates for tax reports, timing and methodologies which provide data suitable for assigned audiences and/or in accordance with established timelines or other ad hoc needs for assigned scope of responsibility
- Verification and approval of non-US vendor documentation
- Review and approve tax language in client and vendor contracts
- Respond to internal tax questions
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Identify and implement tax opportunities
- Work with outside consultants as needed
- Provides accurate judgment to business partners using prescribed tax theories and practices; distills tax data to make suitable for varying audiences
- Works alongside manager when conducting external audits
- Supports tax related needs on special or complex projects
- Contributes fresh ideas to best practices to ensure consistency in reporting, and contributes ideas for effective controls to maximize efficiency or conformity with accounting principles
- Communicates and works through tax concerns with managers and peers in a results-oriented, respectful and professional manner
- Trains more junior accountants and colleagues across the business on relevant topics as part of strengthening the tax control environment.
- This list is not exhaustive and the position is expected to support tax initiatives as and when they arise, play an active role in the company and participate in training and events offered by the Company.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.