WaterHealth - Strategy Analyst (2-4 yrs)
Salary offered: 7-9LPA
WaterHealth International (WHI) is a Company that provides scalable, safe drinking water solutions to underserved communities across the world using advanced technology and innovative business models. Headquartered in Irvine, USA, WaterHealth International runs operations in Ghana, Nigeria, and India.
WHI was incorporated in 2006 with a vision to provide safe, scalable and affordable drinking water to the underserved communities across the world. In over twelve (12) years of its operation, WHI has successfully installed and is running over 750 WaterHealth Centers (WHCs) and Water Vending Machines across the globe providing access to safe water to over seven (7) million consumers.
The incumbent would be an integral part of the Corporate Strategy team of WaterHealth India and will be responsible for providing strategic support to WaterHealth's subsidiaries in India, Ghana and Nigeria. Specifically, the candidate would play an important role in developing strategic documents and executing business research assignments catering to the needs of internal and external stakeholders. The candidate would get an exposure to organization wide initiatives across different business lines and functions and get to learn about WaterHealth's international operations and play a role in its further development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work on projects of strategic nature related to the development of corporate strategy, market expansion strategy, market penetration strategy, performance improvement etc.
- Prepare in-depth comprehensive reports on business strategy, GTM (Go To Market) strategy, competitive analysis, etc for various BUs (Business Units).
- Assist in driving regular review mechanism of the organization's AOP (Annual Operating Plan) and Business Plans - ensure ongoing tracking and closure of the actions identified.
- Conduct in-depth business and basic financial analysis e.g. market sizing, market drivers and barriers analysis, competitive benchmarking, business model analysis etc.
- Analyze data to draw insights about the various business lines and functions to generate insights and enable top management to deduce action plans.
- Evaluate probable options using financial models, scenario analysis and make recommendations through compelling presentations.
- Track industry developments & competitive landscape to provide leadership with actionable insights.
- Assist in the execution of strategic initiatives being piloted by the Strategy team.
- Develop presentations for internal (Board, CEO, COO) and external stakeholders. (investors, customers, etc)
- Create business requirement documents for specific software development by the in-house IT team and conduct UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Organize monthly Strategy department reviews and updating the progress for allocated tasks/activities.
- Support top management in participating in external & internal forums such as town halls, conferences, etc by preparing various presentations.
- Contribute in transferring best practices of India operations to Africa operations.
- 2-4 years of work experience in corporate strategy and planning, management consulting or business research domain.
- Expert level business research (tilting more towards secondary research, than primary research) skills working on high impact projects.
- Ability to comprehend high-level strategic approaches and develop deliverables of high quality.
- High degree of qualitative analysis (and quantitative analysis to a certain extent) backed by superlative business writing skills, preferably with a track record of preparing documents for senior management.
- Proven ability to use strategic thinking to foresee and predict future challenges, outcomes and identify solutions.
- Preferably prior exposure to a formulation of mid-term to long-term corporate strategy and B-Plan.
- A good degree of experience in scenario analysis, financial modeling and automating and building logic in spreadsheets.
- Expert level of proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Sound knowledge of secondary research sources available in the public domain as well as paid databases.
- Good knowledge of the business plan, market assessment, GTM, market penetration, market expansion, PESTLE, Porter's five forces, Balance Scorecard, etc frameworks.
- Good understanding of economic and social indicators
- Keeps abreast about industry developments through webinars, professional networking etc.
- Very adept at internalizing software applications such as Power BI, BI tools, Salesforce etc.
- Extremely strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills and fast learning curve.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing capability along with the ability to withstand pressure.
- Enthusiasm towards continuous learning, self-development and sincerity in putting extra effort.
- Takes ownership of the assignment and delivers without reminders/follow-ups.
- Eagerness and agility to thrive in a highly dynamic environment.
- Team player who collaborates with a team and several stakeholders across different entities.
- High level of attention to detail, with an ability to discern the larger picture.