Walmart - Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis (6-11 yrs)
Experience : 6 to 11 years
Shift: 2 pm 11 pm
About Team/Role :
- We as the finance organization in the Company are responsible for accounting, tax compliances, budgeting, planning, forecasting and reporting the results. We are at the helm of all crucial information, be it customer insights or business intelligence. We enable technology functions to continue to build and deliver solutions which help in overall success of Walmarts businesses. We provide the highest quality of financial information with no surprises to help the Company deliver on its vision of Every Day Low Cost (EDLC) and Every Day Low Price (EDLP). We achieve this while maintaining a high level of operational excellence and the highest standards of ethics, integrity, transparency and respect for others. Finance CoE team is based out of Walmart Global tech Bangalore office. This team primarily provides end to end FP&A support to Commercial finance teams supporting Walmart Segments (WM US, Sams Club, Intl & Corporate Segment) .
- This position is an Individual contributor(IC) role and is responsible for finance partnering with Segment Finance/ commercial finance teams through financial analysis, budgeting, planning & forecasting; to facilitate decision making and future business strategies. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary.
What you will do: - As a member of Walmarts finance organization, you will be responsible for finance business partnering with various Commercial finance teams.
- Design and implement forecast and performance management processes to institute rigor, accountability and alignment across business units.
- Responsible for providing financial support for planning and control and P&L management, consolidation and reporting of financial results.
- Responsibilities will also include modeling, analyzing, and summarizing information into financial plans, operating forecasts on a weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual basis.
- Proactively provide view of risks/opportunities and other forward-looking information to mitigate risks.
- Prepare and provide recommendations based on analysis performed on various aspects of actual spend vs forecast/plans. - Perform revenue/ expense analysis at cost center level, reconciliation of accounts, variance analysis and ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Ensure that financial operations are fully compliant with regulatory requirements and industry standards. Manage financial risks and take proactive measures to mitigate potential issues.
- Collaborate with Walmart Technology, Enterprise Business Solutions and other stakeholders to leverage technology solutions for finance functions, including the implementation and optimization of financial systems and transformational technology such as GenAI.
- Ensuring process documentation is always updated and backup plans are in place. - Ensuring all activities are performed on time with utmost accuracy and all key financial metrics/SLAs are tracked and reported as agreed. - Perform administrative activities associated with the planning applications and models.
What you will bring:
- 6-10 years of relevant experience. CA/CPA/MBA Finance preferred. Prior experience of working in COE/Shared services setup preferred. Prior FP&A experience and managing overall P&Ls is mandatory; hands-on experience in financial modelling and analytics would be an advantage.
- Experience in working in a matrix organization structure with global stakeholders.
- Strong spreadsheet and PowerPoint skills and proficiency in SAP, BI, Essbase, OneStream, Hyperion Planning or similar financial system. Strong attention to detail, adherence to deadlines, organizational skills, and analytical skills. o Strong written and oral communication skill.
- Self-starter able to prioritize given responsibilities with minimal supervision. Experience in automation tools like Power BI, Tableau, Macro, SQL etc. is preferred. Open to work in overlap shifts ie 1-10pm or 2-11pm IST. About Walmart Global Tech Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. Thats what we do at Walmart Global Tech.
- Were a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the worlds leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption.
- People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. Flexible, hybrid work We use a hybrid way of working with primary in office presence coupled with an optimal mix of virtual presence. We use our campuses to collaborate and be together in person, as business needs require and for development and networking opportunities. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives.
- Benefits Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include a host of best-in-class benefits maternity and parental leave, PTO, health benefits, and much more. Equal Opportunity Employer: Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice.
- We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.