Senior Manager at Wadhwani Foundation
Views:2206 Applications:170 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:38
Wadhwani Foundation - Manager - Channel & Ecosystem Partnerships - Small Business (10-15 yrs)
WF Advantage is looking to scale its operations significantly in order to achieve its ambitious goals set for the foundation. To achieve this scale, we engage with channel partners who are able to bring us large numbers of curated SMEs with high job creation potential. We also constantly enhance our ecosystem of service providers and mentors who help us bring about transformation in our WF Advantage SMEs.
Channel and Ecosystem Partnership Managers are preferably consulting professionals who are familiar with and have deep experience in approaching the small businesses, building relationships and identifying and solving their pain points. They also could be experienced entrepreneurs/ businesspersons who link start-ups to the ecosystem through their knowledge and familiarity with the different aspect of growing a business
Key Job Traits :
Strategic Guidance :
- Channels for sourcing SMEs
- Demonstrate successful model for SME growth in multiple cities and build a replicable/franchising model by partnering with channels such as associations, banks and govt. partnerships/ franchising create 3-5 channel organization partnerships in each of the 20 cities for the SMEs between $1-50 Mn, with a potential to onboard hundreds of qualified SMEs for transformations
- Mentors : Establish an average of 20 mentors/advisors (including vertical and horizontal experts) in each of the identified cities in the assigned region
- Service Providers : Build 10-20 service provider networks per city, in each of cities identified in the assigned region. These include but not limited to lawyers, auditors, IT services, Website developers, marketing and branding companies etc.
- Consulting Firms : Establish an average of 4-5 general consulting firms per city in the assigned region that specifically work with SMEs and startups.
- Global Entrepreneur Networking Platform as a mobile app. that enables connects, work-flow, user rating, among entrepreneurs and mentors, investor, customers, service providers. In your pocket social media access to learning videos, webinars, events, etc.
- The senior manager's tasks are associated with accelerating entrepreneurs learning processes, professional and personal identity growth as well as expanding entrepreneurs- access to relevant business networks
- Providing strategic guidance, such as identifying and correcting gaps in companies- business knowledge and understanding
Tactical guidance :
- Identify the right type of channel partners who find association with WF Advantage a mutual benefit and bring to our fold a unique set of SMEs that significantly increase the value and diversity of our program
- Ensure the usage of the technology platform and think through how to leverage technology based tools / Portal for knowledge and information to begin with
- Evaluate existing portals + identify key required functions to serve our audience.
- Manage Cohorts assigned not only to them but their partners as well.
- Push team out of the building and into the marketplace, to aggressively validate assumptions on new initiatives.
- Challenge companies on the conclusions they- re drawing, and the assumptions they- re making.
- Identify if there will be specific behaviors or practices unique to this group to facilitate better connects. Work with other teams to identify cohort needs and connect as needed.
- Identify the kind of Mentor + Consultant network WF could initiate and develop to aid in the process of building an eco-system in the regions identified.
- 10-15 years of work experience as a Manager/ Director developing SME relationships and/or building ecosystem network for the SME in serving them
- Having been a former small businessperson or start up owner and having experienced the pain points of growth, raising funds and leading people.
Business Consulting and Strategy experience :
- Partnerships with direct and indirect channels that have a connect with SMEs
- Track record of winning new clients, Lead generation experience,
- Track record of repeat- business from the same client served
Execution experience with SMEs :
- Having executed projects to change SMEs for SME clients.
- Problem solving experience in product, geography, customer segment, finance and HR related functional experience. Sense of urgency, Skill to know when to expedite and when decelerate if quality is suffering.
- Decision maker, Skill to know when to expedite and when decelerate if quality is suffering.
- Open to extensive travel.
- Ability to work and make decisions in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment. To roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes.