CEO at KayZen Group
Views:11556 Applications:273 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:27
VP/SVP - Business Intelligence & Information Management - Banking Captive (15-20 yrs)
We are currently assisting a Premier Bank for a Senior Leadership Role in Business Intelligence & Information Management responsible for end-to-end service delivery within their Global in-house Captive in Chennai
Industry : Banking
Specialization : Business Intelligence & Information Management
Location : Chennai
Experience : 15-20 Years
Job title: VP / Senior VP - Business Intelligence & Information Management [Premier Banking Captive, Chennai]
Reports to: Chief Data Officer [Global], Chief Information Officer [Global], Chief Analytics Officer [Global]
The incumbent has primary responsibility for setting the strategy and vision and for managing the day-to-day tactical operations of the BI teams. He/she will be responsible for all strategic, tactical, operational, financial, human, and technical resource managerial responsibilities associated with the following BI and BI-related functional areas:
- Data preparation (sourcing, acquisition, integration)
- Data warehousing
- BI governance
- Reporting, analytics, data exploration
- Information delivery
- BI competency center or center of excellence (BICC or BI COE)
- Advanced / predictive analytics
- Adoption of tools & platforms - Big Data, Tera Data etc.
- Enterprise / Corporate Performance Management. Management and governance of strategies, goals, objectives, metrics, KPIs/KPMs. Optionally, enterprise scorecards (Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, TQM, etc)
- GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance) aspects of BI and data management
In addition to this, Synthesizing & Expanding the offering of Data and Information across the firm. Finding ways to leverage existing enterprise data and information in company's products and services.
The incumbent will lead his/her teams by establishing and executing a vision for the delivery of information and analytics platforms and solutions to the business's key stakeholders, including, internal staff, partners and clients. This position will be ultimately responsible for helping transform the company into a business that truly differentiates and competes on information and analytics.
- Clear understanding and a buy in into the Bank's Information & Business strategy
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, operations, management, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in leading large teams / programmes / projects in the area of Data & Information Management.
- Extensive expertise in Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence Tools (Big Data, Tera Data).
- Extensive expertise in data modeling, both logical and physical.
- Extensive experience in multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, denormalized models, handling - slow-changing- dimensions/attributes.
- Experience and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, etc.).
- Experience with relational - SQL - and multidimensional - MDX - query languages
- Experience with agile software development.
- Experience with business driven / self-service BI
- A solid understanding of data security and privacy technologies
- A solid understanding of key BI trends.
- A solid understanding of leading edge technologies and best practices such as Hadoop and Big Data
- A solid understanding of the BI vendor landscape
- A solid understanding of mobile delivery architecture and best practices
- A solid understanding of Customer Experience (CX) technologies
General business skills:
- Extensive experience interacting with C-level executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience managing large [global] complex BI projects and teams.
- Proven ability to manage complex vendor, supplier, sub-contractor relationships
- Experience in building and supporting BI/analytics/big data business cases
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Proven strong leadership skills within the project team and in the business community.
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results.
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well communicated expectations.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations.
- A solid understanding of data security and privacy laws
- A solid understanding of CX best practices
Should you have the relevant qualifications mandated above and are interested and feel free to give me a call on +91 85530 23272 / +91 98198 54069.