Recruitment Specialist - Investment Banking at Black Turtle
Views:26343 Applications:670 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:205
VP - KYC - Centralized Screening Unit (10-20 yrs)
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual for role of VP -KYC
The jobholder will have the responsibility of managing Operations leading a Global Team for Centralized Screening Unit of KYCS and will be based in India. The centralized screening unit will encompass performing the screening related activities for Sanctions, PEP's and Negative News for all new client onboarding, periodic reviews and One off reviews. The scope of this activity is expected to cover all the KYCS HUB countries that is currently being serviced out of the GSC's and also act as a service provider to One of review activities for GBM Business, Non Hub sites,
Some of the key responsibilities are outlined below -
- Plan, execute, monitor and control KYC CSU production efforts.
- Work closely with the production heads across all regions to ensure prompt delivery of the screening results thereby resulting in meeting KRI's. Ensure quality is maintained at desirable levels.
- Regular dealing with multiple stakeholders and establishing and maintaining excellent professional relationship with all global stake holders to understand their requirements and adopt right measures to ensure high quality service delivery
- Track and understand regulatory changes and, in consequence, transform those requirements into process and procedure changes
- Understand, support and develop onshore - offshore model with a view to enhance productivity, maintain high quality and manage expenses
- Interpret regulatory/policy changes and communicate their implications to the team
- Be involved in strategic discussions with the senior management team both at the offshore centre and also with onshore business partners to enhance the quality of output from the offshore centre.
- There is a significant focus on Change and Streamlining Initiatives. The job holder will review the project and work closely with the Change and Strategy team, FCC, BMO and ensure successful delivery of these projects and initiatives.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
- Represent CSU and KYC function in all projects and policy changes where it is involved in conjunction with the SMEs.
- Interface with the Change team in all projects impacting the CSU function and establish strong and proactive project disciplines within CSU linking with the Change Management team, with a view to provide transversal consistency including the development of systems and process improvements.
- Engages with stakeholders to create buy-in for the plan
- Promotes pace and energy within the team and leads by example
- In association with Head of KYC Services and Global Production Lead ensures that there is mechanism and controls to monitor the CSU stream within the overall project
- Roadblocks are early identified and removed to enable the effective delivery Customers / Stakeholders
- Ensure key stakeholders are kept informed of the progress and challenges in the CSU build out and ongoing operations
- Responsible for dealing with multiple stakeholders including FCC, BMO, GBM teams and establishing and maintaining excellent professional relationship with all global stake holders to understand their requirements and adopt right measures to ensure high quality service delivery
- Interface with Client Management, CMDD, Compliance, Front Office, FCC and Relationship Managers where applicable
- Ensure key stakeholders are kept informed of the progress and challenges in the CSU build out and ongoing operations.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Acts as a role model to create and maintain a collaborative team environment which supports and encourages the professionalism and development of the team.
- Provides regular constructive feedback and coaching to individuals to improve their performance and support their career development
- Communicate effectively with all process and functional heads to channelize audit issues, internal controls, MIS requirements, SME requirements etc.
- Provide leadership, support, guidance and coaching to the production teams within KYC Services and CSU
- Effectively manage resources assigned to ensure seamless functioning of the CSU teams globally
- Effective manage the Centralised Screening Unit roll out by ensuring that all project timelines are adhered to and to ensure that staff are aware about the need and the importance of the project.
- Work closely with central and support functions to support the growth and development of the CSU team.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which you are involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
- Maintain Internal Control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with your role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations
- Coordinate with functional leads to ensure that processes and internal controls are in place to achieve satisfactory audit report.
- Be aware of the Operational Risk scenarios associated with the role and act in a PUBLIC manner that takes account of operational risk considerations
- Ensure robust performance management is put in place within the teams and underperformance is effectively managed
- Mentor the Operations Managers in smooth functioning of the teams
- Be pro-active to ensure a successful implementation of new technologies, taking the opportunity to identify and implement process re-engineering efficiencies
- Provide tactical and strategic solutions to ongoing operational issues
- co-ordinate the build out of the team ensuring recruitment and infrastructure build out are managed effectively
- implement the training and development framework to manage the intake of new hires (in association with the Training Manager)
- prepare the CSU profiles in accordance with the Group Policy; obtain documents as required from the client / relationship manager and undertaking the necessary due diligence checks
- Implement Quality Analytical Review process to review each profile to ensure accuracy of the work.
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder's abilities)
- Achieve sustainable saves while ensuring that the teams are staffed in line with the capacity requirement.
- Managing growth and ensuring production and quality targets are met consistently..
- Managing performance of the team in compliance with the set out KPI- s
- Managing the impacts of regulatory changes and mitigating Bank's exposures as per DPA
- Management of the CSU roll out and successfully role out of the same in line with the monitor commitment.
- Management of stakeholders and sponsors globally
- Working across projects impacting multiple regions.
- Working in a matrix environment
- Working in a rapidly changing environment
- Working within an area under significant regulatory focus
- Manage the production to the highest quality standards ensuring that operational production/efficiency is tracked and monitored through MI/KRI- s
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
- The objective of KYC Services is to provide Global Banking & Markets and top tier CMB clients with a globally consistent, and best in class KYC process, in over 80 countries. It ensures that KYC profiles are prepared in accordance with Group and Regulatory Policy, obtaining documents as required from the client/ relationship manager, undertake all the necessary due diligence checks and ensure appropriate escalation is followed according to Policy.
- As per the Monitor Commitment, Centralised Screening unit has been a created as a new team which has been functionalised and is responsible for screening of PEP- s, Sanctions and Negative news screening . This team will provide services to both KYCS and Non KYCS sites and can be used . This will be a global team and the job holder who will be based in India will manage virtual teams across GSC's.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market PUBLIC conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
- Ensure that there is no High Risk or Repeat audit findings during Group Audits or ICD reviews and all previous recommendations have been implemented accordingly. Timely completion of all Esac cards
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business, specifically Operational Risk and FIM requirements and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term - compliance- embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity.
Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- Maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- Ensure implementation and adherence to audit and compliance requirements and proactively highlight potential issues
Role Dimensions (e.g. balance sheet size, lending/expenditure limits, size/volume of transactions, budget)
- The jobholder will be required to oversee the operations of 150 plus staff and will be responsible for the global roll out of the centralized screening unit. The job holder will also be responsible for ensuring quality and productivity metrics are maintained in line with the defined KRI's. The job holder will also be required to work with the production heads across regions to determine TAT's for specific activities that needs to be completed by the centralised screening unit.
- Proven business and operational experience
- Excellent people management and inter-personal skills.
- Team player and ability to manage people and performance
- Ability to handle crisis situations and take appropriate / timely decisions
- Ability to work well under pressure with high degree of accuracy
- Strong thought leadership and people management skills
- Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads, and senior managers, across multiple regions and departments
- Exceptional organisational, planning, time management and resource management skills.
- Possesses drive with a positive - can do- attitude
- Self Driven
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of KYC, financial regulatory environment and AML risk implications and ability to interpret complex changes in regulatory guidelines and assess impact would be preferred .
- Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors
- Strong people management and leadership experience
Additional Information / Specific Skills (If Any)
- 10 plus years of relevant work experience in managing people, process, MI etc.
- Masters in Business, Finance, Economics or equivalent is essential.
If you find it is suitable then please send me your updated CV with below detail or provide me a reference .
- Total Exp:
- Relevant Experience :
- Current CTC :
- Expected CTC :
- Notice Period :
- Current Location :
- Reason behind Job Change :
- Contact Number
- Reporting to :
- Reporting person Name:
- Hierarchy Structure:
- Handling a team of :
A-405, 4th Floor , KIC -Parksite, Vikhroli(West), Mumbai 400079,India
Dir No: +91 22 66848548|
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.