Leadership Hiring at Mancer Consulting
Views:466 Applications:58 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:50
VP - Issuance - Middle Office - Investment Bank (12-16 yrs)
VP Issuance (middle office) Bangalore # Investment Bank
Job Title-Vice President - Issuance
Treasury Debt Issuance is responsible for all term of issuance activities in all markets, currencies and investor groups and aims to raise external funding through dealing and execution in bank issued notes, at the lowest possible cost while ensuring funding sources remain diversified.
The Trade and Transaction Operator in Issuance Operations supports the processing of all products issued by the Debt Issuance Desks in Frankfurt, London, New York and APAC region and any event during the life-cycle of a product such as coupon payments, call events or buybacks.
The Trade and Transaction Operator is accountable to ensure timely and accurate processing of data in the various downstream systems to allow execution of settlement and payments and to effect regulatory reporting of cross-border payments. She/he is also responsible to perform relevant reconciliations, to investigate and to resolve cash breaks.
In addition, the Trade and Transaction Operator is involved in the coordination of new issuances or life-cycle activities and related queries across the various teams in the F2B process. The role owner participates in change initiatives to improve the operational landscape and provides subject matter expertise in mandatory or discretionary projects.
Your key responsibilities:
- Manage multi locational regional teams. Team size will be approximately 10 employees at AVP level and below and represent a sizable global footprint for processes performed.
- Accountable for effective organizational design that enhances process stability thru high quality job content and proper supervision.
- Set priorities, goals and team objectives that advance global priorities and incorporates regional opportunities for process optimization and team development.
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly team habits and expectations are aligned with priorities set.
- Drives an effective people agenda, in collaboration with peers. Consistent and transparent in approach.
- Engagement across all corporate titles to ensure effective two way flow of communication.
- Create a culture of superior service to internal and external stakeholders, in particular client and front office facing functions. Imbibe in the team the importance of timely and accurate communication in a manner that is appropriate for that particular audience.
- Sets the standards for a strong operating control environment that is constantly evolving and proactive in identifying trends/weaknesses before an error or loss is incurred. Key messages are reinforced at regular intervals to keep protecting the Bank and our clients at the forefront of the team's daily processes. Escalation is encouraged and met with management support to ensure the issue impact is fully understand and quickly resolved.
- Accountable for process design to ensure procedures performed by team are efficient, controlled, regulatory compliant and risk of error is minimized. Advocate for innovation as well as process automation.
- Supervision of daily business processes, complete with adherence to standard tools and minimum requirements (eg. Daily team huddles, end of day dashboards, daily supervisory checklists). Ensures performance visualization via metrics /KPI's to evidence quality of team's performance and to meet internal or external governance requirements.
- Senior point of contact for Global Operations and Front Office management for day to day production elements as well as strategic initiatives.
- Regional contact for internal or external audit, risk & control and regulatory reviews. Proactively engaged in the management of these review to ensure information is properly understood by the independent reviewer and report findings are limited to appropriate and value added items.
- Lead organizational change initiatives (people or process; regional or global product; regulatory, tactical or strategic) that deliver better value from the team or the global function. Collaborate with colleagues in other locations for maximum impact.
- Advocate in global forums for the needs as well as the accomplishments of the team. Is transparent regarding obstacles and challenges faced so input can be solicited from regional and global management towards resolution.
- Be accessible, visible and impactful with global stakeholders as well as regional management. Develop effective working relationship across the front to back processes in multiple locations to enhance operating effectiveness.
Your skills and experience
- Strong product knowledge. Background in Treasury Issuance, specifically new bond issuances preferred.
- Currently working at a VP level only
- Strong Management and Leadership skills that motivates the team to deliver their best.
- Strong organisational skills; ability to identify and prioritise multiple tasks based on criticality, impact and franchise importance.
- Strong client relationship and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement a strategic vision for team development and process evolution.
- Value the importance of investing in people. Track record of attracting, developing and retaining top talent.
- Exceptional communication skills - verbal , written and presentation.
- Independent problem solver who demonstrates accountability as well as execution capability.
- Proactive thinker who pre-empts and resolves issues to avoid operational incidents occurring.
- Mindset of change and influence to overcome obstacles impacting team performance, whether directly or indirectly related to the process.
- Ability to independently coordinate and manage work requirements across multiple business areas and functions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly regulated environment.
- Ability to connect with people as well as desire to learn process flows.
- Dedication to servicing a demanding internal and external client base.
- Microsoft Excel skills to a good standard.
- Degree educated in Finance, Commerce or related field, or have a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a Banking/Finance environment.
- Experience working in a global, cross matrix reporting organization.
- 4+ years experience in team management and organizational leadership.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.