Managing Director at Search Light Consulting
Views:3968 Applications:131 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:27
VP/Head - Financial Planning & Analysis Operations - CA/CPA - BPO (15-20 yrs)
VP/Head - FP&A Operations - Qualified CA / CPAs) for an MNC BPO
Position Summary :
This position is responsible for the following activities :
- Creating, implementing and maintaining an off-shoring methodology to move work from the US to India
- Developing, with help of the US executive team, the selection criteria for positions that are best suited for off-shoring, with focus on quality
- Managing the off-shore Finance and Accounting teams designated by the US F&A executive team.
Key Objectives and Tasks :
The following functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by an associate assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions :
- Aide the US teams in achieving its pre-established offshoring goals
- Aide in the evaluation of processes in the US that can be off-shored to India
- Evaluate current employee base in India and recommend changes as needed
- Evaluate current processes in India and make recommendations as needed
- Create the plan to Operationalize the off-shore accounting, finance, treasury, and FP&A processes
- Maintain effective control environment in India
- Create, implement and maintain training methodologies to include
- On-line documentation/ desktop procedures
- Audio Recording processes/ other effective methods of standardizing training content
- Create, implement, and maintain hiring and recruiting processes to ensure appropriate staffing in India
- Create, implement, maintain and report on throughput/productivity metrics
Skills & Abilities :
- Immaculate English
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong people skills and experience in leadership roles
- CPA, or Chartered accountant
- Deep domain knowledge regarding offshoring best practices - what to off-shore, and how to off-shore
- Ability to develop metrics, report on those metrics and drive improvement as needed
- Ability to build trust and push organizational leaders
- Ability to manage local office politics and report back real issues to the US
- Excellent computer skills - MS Office Excel, Word, Outlook
- Advanced Excel user
- Strong research and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, dependable and available to work additional hours as needed
- International Travel up to 40% during the first year of employment and as needed thereafter
Education & Experience :
- Specify level of education - BS/BA in accounting
- Chartered Accountant/ CPA
- College degree in accounting/finance/business management highly preferred
- Experience managing off-shore personnel
- Experience consolidating functions from remote locations
- Minimum of 15 years work experience working within accounting and finance functions
Work Environment Conditions :
- The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in an office environment, within a well-lighted work area with good ventilation and normal noise levels from office equipment.
- Frequent standing and/or walking may have long periods of sitting at desk and intermittently answer the telephone.
- Regular need to write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means.
Interested candidates can call 040-40101210/11.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.