HR at Vodafone Idea
Views:5390 Applications:581 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Vodafone Idea - Team Member - Warehouse & Logistics (2-6 yrs)
Role - WH & Logistics team member
Function / Department Commercial- WH & Logistics
Job Purpose :
- Manage end to end effective warehousing & logistics in a highly demanding project based environment. Effective Inventory management thereby ensuring accuracy of stock level through perpetual stock audits and asset life cycle management through 3R methodology.
- Prioritize & drive 3PL for outcomes that are aligned to meet business aspirations. Responsible for training and development of partner resources. Drive Health & safety culture that are aligned with Vodafone idea objectives.
Key Result Areas/Accountabilities :
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with local warehousing, material handling, and transportation requirements by studying existing and new statutory requirements.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Own large transformational projects delivery to achieve business objectives of organisation.
- Speak with upstream and downstream partners to predict when items will arrive and leave, while managing inventory and space.
- Adhere to safety codes for both workers and equipment.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, Experience - Proven track record of Warehousing operations via 3PL model, which brings efficiency in service delivery.
- Must have excellent knowledge of SAP material & inventory management modules. Technical and IT skills, particularly when it comes to database management and spreadsheets. Must have excellent presentation skills
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. Planning and organizing skills to effectively manage the workflow.
- Must have implementation experience of 5S & six sigma projects in a large scale manufacturing or warehousing domain.
Must have technical / professional qualifications - Strong Understanding of occupational health safety and ISO standards.
- Knowledge across various domains in supply chain i.e. Supervision, Safety Management, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Surveillance Skills, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, and Analysing Informationand Equipment Maintenance.
- Deep practical knowledge of project management frameworks (PMP or Prince2).
- Prior experience in automotive manufacturing or FMCG domain & Ability to deliver in a dynamic, high-uncertainty environment.
- Must have an engineering degree from reputed institution with managerial work experience. Management degree in operations management or supply chain management is an added advantage.
Years of Experience : 2-6 yrs
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.