Vodafone Idea - General Manager - Digital Engineering (12-15 yrs)
Role Purpose :
- To manage in-house/partner software engineers.
- To lead Digital engineering team working in various squads responsible of business KPIs.
- Work in collaboration with Tribe Lead to eliminate the blockers being faced by squads in achieving the squad objectives.
- Supervise and monitor the deliveries being done by dev team, continuously look for areas of improvements and increase the efficiency
- Ensure Agile and Devops practices are followed in letter and spirit in day today functioning of the squads.
Relationship with other roles :
- Gives inputs to Tribe lead on Tribe roadmap and suggests ways to achieve tribe objectives thru feasible options.
- To participates in coordination meetings with technology chapter leads to align standards and technologies and solutions.
- Facilitates the interactions with the rest of the IT roles like solution architects, Capabilities team, BSS team etc.
Own the Delivery :
- Participate in the dev planning meetings, sprint retro, providing knowledge and technical guidance to dev team.
- Act as common thread in the tribe and solves potential differences between teams on people, process and technology.
- Solve interdependencies between platforms/systems/People
- Act as escalation point for all Dev teams in the Tribe.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Experience :
- Proven leadership skills and experience in managing digital development teams.
- Fantastic stakeholder management skills. You will be an expert and managing expectations & influencing business leaders.
- Will need to have a deep understanding of technical problems and be able to have complex technical conversations.
- Focused on delivery, so an excellent knowledge of delivery processes is essential.
- Expected to have defined & delivered high level IT strategies.
- Need to have an up to date knowledge of agile principles, digital trends, tools and new ways of working.
Must have technical/professional Qualifications :
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, information Systems or other related field.
- 12+ years of experience in Digital /software development out of which min 3 years as Delivery leader of a large enterprise.
- Hands on experience in Web/ Mobile app development for using one of top JS frameworks for large enterprise.
- Sound understanding and practicing professional of agile methodologies and expert in Devops and Test automations tools.
- Desired to have expertise with Adobe Experience Manager and other products in Adobe marketing cloud.
- Hands on Development Experience with variety of mobile App for Android, IOS and Native and Hybrid Apps.
- Experience with Notification management tools, PWA is required.
- Delivery experience of Complex web and eCommerce solutions and integration in large scale environment.
- Competent on cloud native architecture, Microservices, application containerization tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with SEO, ASO and SEM optimizations, search engines and Tag management solutions.