Vodafone Idea - Assistant General Manager - Business Development - Smart Utility (7-10 yrs)
Vodafone Idea Limited is an Aditya Birla Group and Vodafone Group partnership. It is India's leading telecom service provider. The Company provides pan India Voice and Data services across 2G, 3G and 4G platform. With the large spectrum portfolio to support the growing demand for data and voice, the company is committed to deliver delightful customer experiences and contribute towards creating a truly - Digital India- by enabling millions of citizens to connect and build a better tomorrow. The Company is developing infrastructure to introduce newer and smarter technologies, making both retail and enterprise customers future ready with innovative offerings, conveniently accessible through an ecosystem of digital channels as well as extensive on-ground presence. The Company is listed on National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) in India.
Role : D Smart Utility
Job Level/ Designation: M2 / AGM
Function / Department : Enterprise / IOT
Location: New Delhi
Job Purpose :
To establish leadership in Internet of Things (IoT) business for utilities industry segment and create an industry icon status in India region with ahead of capability conversations around connected meters, machines & products, aligning with Vodafone IoT strategy and local operating conditions.
Key Result Areas/Accountabilities :
- Keeping track of industry trends and recommend future direction of growth
- Develop GTM strategy roadmap and execution plan to capture utilities industry and drive further growth
- Work with power/water/gas authorities, regulatory teams on policies that will impact or shape up the industry
- Bring superior market and customer insight into industry portfolio and drive innovation to ensure that our solutions are scalable & meet customer requirements
- Actively manage utilities industry opportunities to drive new pipeline and customer acquisition
- Actively assist sales pursuits and pre-sales efforts on RFP/RFX bids for client opportunities through the domain consulting and digital practice team and focus on winning/converting the opportunities
- Work closely with the executive team to evolve the sales and marketing strategies to align with industry requirements
- Engage and work with SI and industry OEM's and aggregators
- To participate with other management teams in charting the direction of the company, ensuring its accountability to all stakeholders and its effective operations
- Within company, the position has primary working relationships with IoT Head, Directors, Management Teams and Service Providers. Outside the company, the position coordinates, primarily with key industry players and clients
Key performance indicators [max 3]:
- TCV for Utilities and SC
- Build capability around utility industry
- Conduct 2 partnership conclaves along with marketing team
Core Competencies, Knowledge, Experience :
- Must possess knowledge of IoT technologies and related market ecosystem and economics
- Knowledge & understanding of government initiatives around smart cities and utilities
- Strategic thinking & business planning
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Strategic execution and planning (3 -5 year horizon), governance, driving organizational change, enterprise risk mitigation, policy advocacy with regulators
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- C-Level customer relationship management with sales experience
- 7+ Years of B2B experience along with solution selling
Must have technical / professional qualifications
- Graduate in Management Studies (MBA) Engineering background or flair for technology, if graduate from any other stream
- 7+ years of experience in industry with exposure to utilities or equivalent industry project wins/deployments is required in sales, business development and executing structured GTM sales with alliance partners of utilities eco system
The link provided below will redirect you to a website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.