Vodafone Idea - AGM/Lead - Policy & Operations (6-10 yrs)
Job Purpose :
Analyze and support organization's strategy and position on policy matters and lead operations, in TRAI w.r.t. Network, Spectrum and License.
Key Result Areas/Accountabilities :
1. Proactively monitor policy environment on key topics, which are of interest and impact to the organization and raise suitable flags for any counter-measures required in policy domain.
2. In-depth analysis of consultation papers related to network, licensing, spectrum, infrastructure related topics and assist in formulating strategic positions on policy matters.
3. Preparation of comments and counter-comments to the consultation paper by building cross-sector and cross-country references and data points, to drive organization objectives.
4. First port of calls for discussions and engagement with internal and external stakeholders (TRAI, Industry associations, internal functions), on regulations and its compliances related to regulations like MNP, QoS, and other Network related matters.
5. Demonstrate deep expertise and be subject matter expert in regulatory function on regulations like MNP, QoS, and other Network related matters, provide business guidance to queries related to these regulations and drive business requirements and compliances, with consistency.
6. On the above-said topics, identify areas of process improvements and seek its implementation, to improve efficiency, reduce costs and to eliminate gaps/deviations.
7. Smooth handling and guidance to internal team on audits related to QoS, MNP. Coordination with TRAI appointed auditor and internal CS/Network teams for QoS Audits, Surveys and Drive tests.
8. Proactive engagement with TRAI on regulations like MNP, QoS, and other Network/Spectrum/License related matters and keep a tab on developments on matters of business interests to the organization.
9. Execute timely and effective communication with TRAI and other TSPs for mitigation of adverse business impact and cost, arising from regulatory actions of Authorities or competitors.
10. Support new initiatives being planned by network and business teams, as decided from time to time. Exhibit innovative and business enabling approach with consistent turn-around time, to assist launch/conclusion of such new initiatives.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, Experience :
1. Clear understanding of working of the Regulator/ Government
2. In-depth understanding of dealing with Regulator across all regulations, audits and activities
3. Exhibit interest in emerging technologies and policy work around them.
4. Good in communication skills and drafting policy papers, responses to notices and consultation papers.
5. Self-motivated and self-starter with high level of determination and focused approach.
6. Confident and persuasive, having output-driven approach in discussions and meetings with regulator / competitors and internal stakeholders.
Must have technical / professional qualifications :
1. Minimum Graduate/PG
2. Candidate having done course in Public Policy / Technical course will be preferable.
Years of Experience :
1. Minimum 6 years of core experience of working in Regulatory/Public Policy function or dealing in matters related to Central Government departments and
2. Minimum 8 years overall for an established and reputed company.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.