Vice President/Partner at Perfect Placer Management Consulting
Views:3733 Applications:489 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Vice President - Supply Chain - Manufacturing Firm (15-25 yrs)
Vice President (Supply Chain - Manufacturing)
- To strategize, oversee and manage company's overall supply chain and logistics operations, Import & Export operations in order to maximize the process efficiency and productivity.
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- To develop and maintain good relationships with vendors and to negotiate for profitable deals; Periodic Vendor evaluation.
- Streamlining & Overseeing Capex & Opex purchases, DGFT, Licenses and Trade Regulations, Inventory & Insurance Management, In-Out Logistics and PPC.
- Streamline Bulk handling of Liquid Materials and Port storage matters.
- Create & Implement the company's supply chain strategy.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain. Collaborate with other departments to create coordinated plans for business growth. Works with plant/ logistics team to determine and setup intercompany transfers (if necessary).
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers and vendors for profitable deals. Vendor Audit - Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with concern departments.
- Monitor In & out logistics, esp. Liquid Bulk Chemicals (through Tankers), Trucks and ensure smooth functioning. Analyse data from various delivering processes to find bottlenecks and other issues and strategize to streamline the same.
- Understanding on market dynamics. Ensure supply chain processes meet legal requirements and standards. Manage Import / Export activities including pre shipment & post shipment; handling Govt agencies (DGFT etc.) and Local authorities for Export regulations. Shipment documentations, status and provide regular updates to concerned stakeholders.
- Handling Licenses, Government Incentives wrt. EXIM and hands on with Trade restrictions (Safeguard | Anti-Dumping) and regulations.
- Develops and implements process wherein detailed inventories of materials and supplies located in the company / at the factory are updated and records maintained at all times. Analyses current inventories and procedures, keeping inventory holdings at the appropriate levels; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company. Ensure required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production.
- Create and Procuring the material as per Material Resource Planning (MRP) ; Controlling Inventory Turnover ratio ;Identification, Reporting, review & disposal of non -moving & obsolete inventory
- Cost reduction, Alternate sourcing, import substitution (wherever applicable) and rate negotiation and increase credit terms, developing new transporters, alternate and cost-effective modes of transport, Optimising warehousing operations, e-procurement, Zero Premium freight and demurrage charges
Oversee Transport, Logistic, Dispatch planning /Customer support :
- Ensure finalisation of work order contract for Transport /Export and Import Containers Couriers/CHA/Freight Forwarders
- Liaise with Government Officials/Port Officials/Custom officials/ DGFT
- Best transport route planning and Monitoring Transport Movement - Tankers / Trucks etc.
- Ensure 100% (OTIF) delivery of material to customer considering inventory & Customer Requirement and resolve any arising problem or conflicts
- Planning and managing logistics, storage and transportation of finished goods across India and overseas and arrange Proper storage /Bays for finished goods at Plants.
Oversee Production Planning & Control :
- Setting up production targets and achieve the same within time and cost parameters
- Performing reconciliation of excess materials, consumption errors, Bill of material accuracy, Rejection and rescheduling of orders on regular basis
- Achieving daily and weekly Production targets by effective coordination with Production, QC/ QA, Stores, Procurement and Daily Re-alignment of plan based on priority and actual
- Leading Daily materials/Manufacturing review and focusing on overall plant cycle times, Capacities, Manpower requirements, Outsourcing, Rejections, Counter measures, New Product
Oversee Stores & Warehousing :
- Physical verification and valuation of stocks & ensure Material reconciliation, Vendor supply reconciliation, Shipment reconciliation.
- Ensure prompt return of rejected goods to supplier and timely disposal of scrap
- Managing Warehouse operations by ensuring optimum inventory levels to achieve the maximum cost saving with minimum holding of stock
- Implementing effective systems and procedures as well as preparing records to keep track of inward/outward movement of goods in plant
- Managing the implementation of warehouse Management System (WMS) to ensure efficiency and online function
Oversee Administration & Audits :
- Ensure timely renewal of AMC, Insurance claim
- Responsible for Internal & External Audit department MIS including reports on any Inventory build up
Qualification & Experience :
1. Graduate & should have 15 years diversified and progressive work experience in procurement, order fulfilment, logistics, and/or supply chain systems. Well versed with SAP or similar platform; good exposure in working on standard systems.
2. Knowledge in Import / Export activities which includes pre shipment & post shipment and able to handle the Govt. agencies and Local authorities for Export regulations.
3. Experience in speculative buying
4. Experience in handling Licenses wrt. Government Incentive schemes wrt. EXIM.
5. Sound knowledge and experience in managing Trade restriction practices (Safeguard duty, Anti-dumping).
6. Experience in handling Liquid Bulk Chemicals through Tankers & Trucks. Experience in Port storage of Liquid Bulk Chemicals.
7. Solution oriented with a high sense of quality, excellent organizational skills, Sense of Urgency and attention to detail, meeting tight deadlines.
8. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, and customers.
9. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
10. Thorough understanding of company products and logistics.
11. Hands on experience with supply chain management software (such as SAP MM, AP Modules, SAP Plant Maintenance, etc}
- An outstanding remuneration package that rewards professionalism and diligence will be on offer for the successful applicant as well as a well defined career path.
- An excellent package will be on offer for the right candidate, including an above industry base salary for the right person as well as the most complete employee benefit scheme. Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the market leader
Contact Person Name, Address & Nos. :
Offices: Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore & Mumbai
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.