Managing Director at Search Light Consulting
Views:9263 Applications:1237 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:59
Vice President - Strategic Sourcing/Procurement/Category Management - eCommerce (15-25 yrs)
VP Strategic Sourcing / Procurements / Category Management - Global Ecommerce MNC
(Female Candidates preferred)
An expert negotiator capable of orchestrating major cross-company initiatives, including pricing/commercial terms agreements with significant spend, often negotiating directly with the CXO-level of the supplier.
This profile is an expert-level practitioner in analyzing, formulating and recommending a wide range of innovative pricing and commercial terms utilizing deep category expertise, should-cost models and market insights.
Spend categories under management may include:
Indirect Spend Categories e.g., Facilities & Real Estate, Corporate Services, Professional Services, Marketing, Telecom & IT.
Primary responsibilities of this role:
1. Establish strong relationships with internal business stakeholders; building a strong understanding of strategic business direction, requirements and priorities across assigned suppliers and/or spend categories.
2. Drive and execute projects that are complex and global in scope, and involve CXO-level negotiations on partnership deal terms, and Warrants. Significant category domain expertise in multiple complex/high-spend categories
3. Managing the fundamentals of sourcing and supplier engagement activities including RFx, spend pattern analysis, contract analysis, bid evaluation, negotiations, and supplier consolidation.
4. Scales by finding ways to work more efficiently, either through influencing and/or indirectly managing the work of others;
5. Generates or oversees large amount of new savings contributing to team and/or category goal, meeting with supplier senior executives (up to C-level) to negotiate advantageous terms, as well as potential broader partnership opportunities, business development
6. Providing guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement strategies; maintaining procurement ethics in accordance with global policies.
7. Developing, implementing and managing robust market analyses / bench-marking processes; leveraging key-insights to inform and support the category strategy development process.
8. Key leadership traits required include the ability to influence and form strong partnerships with business leaders and their teams to define requirements, identify the best suppliers, and negotiate advantageous pricing, terms and performance for Amazon. This must be accomplished in accordance with Corporate Procurement, and Spending & Transaction Policy.
9. This is an individual contributor role that must also coordinate with Corporate Procurement Category Sourcing Managers in other regions across to create and leverage sourcing strategies, savings and contract consistency, globally.
1) Graduate / MBA having 15 years of relevant strategic sourcing experience with a minimum of 10 years in an indirect procurement function at a multinational corporation
2) In-depth experience in best-in-class procurement practices (category management, bench-marking, should-cost models, RFX Process, reverse auction, contracting, etc.).
3) Strong negotiator with proven experience in setting negotiation strategies and conducting negotiations.
4) Extensive knowledge of the complex types of commercial agreement structures and the function and purpose of key legal terms.
5) Knowledge of contract terms and conditions and in country laws and regulations 5. Strong experience assessing risk and concisely explaining complex issues to principal business owners.
6) Extremely customer-focused, taking the time to understand the needs of the business.
7) Experience working in a large, global, highly matrixed organization.
8) Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly synthesize, distill and draw conclusions on large amounts of disparate data.
9) Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
10) Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills.
11) Passionate self-starter with the highest integrity and ethics.
Interested candidates can call us @ 040-27801263 (Any time between 4:00PM - 8:00PM)