Senior Recruiter at Skillventory
Views:163 Applications:28 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
Vice President - Risk & Capital Planning Models - Investment Bank - IIT/NIT/BITS (12-15 yrs)
Risk & Capital Planning Models: Vice President
Having a role from Leading Investment Bank at Mumbai for diversity talent.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Provide independent review and validation compliant with Model Risk Management policies and procedures, regulatory guidance and industry leading practices, including evaluating conceptual soundness, quality of modeling methodology, model limitations, data quality, and on-going monitoring for market risk models
- Take initiatives and responsibility of end-to-end delivery of a stream of Model Risk Management related deliverables for a wide variety of models
- Apart from being an Individual Contributor, also manage a small team
- Follow financial markets & business trends on a frequent basis to enhance the quality of Model Risk Management.
- Write Model Risk Management findings in validation documents that could be used for presentations both internally (model developers, business unit managers) as well as externally (regulators).
- Verbally communicate results and debate issues, challenges and methodologies with internal audiences including senior management
- Represent Model Risk Management team in interactions with regulatory and audit agencies as required
Skills required (essential / preferred) :
- Masters or Doctorate degree in a technical area such as Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering from Tier I institute
- 8-11 years of work experience with some of it in MRM in a bank or financial institution working on Capital Planning models like RWA models
- Programming skills in Python is preferred and experience in excel modeling is essential
- Strong written & verbal communication skills including debating issues and making formal presentations
- Attention to details and ability to work under pressure and cope with a fast-moving environment
- Ability to quickly learn new and novel concepts/techniques and technology/applications and use them effectively in model review and challenge
- Desire to work in a dynamic, team-oriented, fast-paced environment focusing on challenging tasks mixing fundamental, quantitative and market-oriented knowledge and skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.