Vice President - Product Management - Online/Internet (6-12 yrs)
Vice President (Product Management) - Y Combinator backed Shopify-like platform
About Merito :-
- Merito is a curated talent platform where we identify, assess, and connect candidates for matching job opportunities.
- We are working with the mission to change the way hiring is done.
- The company is founded by a team consisting of alumni from IIM Ahmedabad, McKinsey with more than 2 decades of experience in recruitment, training, and coaching.
About Our Client :
- Our client is headquartered in California and Y Combinator backed Shopify-like platform for creators & knowledge professionals (coaches, instructors, experts, artists etc.) to launch, manage and grow their business online.
- Founded by IIT/ IIM/ BITS/ Yale/ BCG Alumni and 3X Entrepreneurs, they are well funded and backed by top Indian VC firms along with start-up veterans like Kunal Shah (CRED). The company is founded by alumni from top IITs, IIMs, BITS, Yale including ex-entrepreneurs and from firms such as BCG, Hike, Dunzo and P&G.
- Since the launch of its first version in December 2020 they have grown 25X. Creators have earned more than $1 Million since launch through the platform.
- We have just closed our series A (yet to announce) and are looking to build out our leadership team across functions.
Job Description :-
Here we're shaping the future of the creator economy to realize our dream of creating a world with no boring jobs.
We are looking for an experienced Vice President, Product Management to lead and own our Product strategy and execution to drive our business goals. As our VP, Product, you will lead the product management team to determine priorities across PODs, develop the product roadmap, and lead its execution, in partnership with our Product Development, Engineering, Sales and Marketing teams.
Our work environment is fast-paced, with a collaborative atmosphere. We are passionate about delivering innovations that empower Creators to become Entrepreneurs and realize their full potential. We are looking for a Product leader to bring in and instill a philosophy for how we work and deliver world-class products.
Our Product Management team's core mission is to delight customers resulting in Product Led Growth. We obsessively seek to understand customers' perspectives, have a bias toward data-driven action, and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product roadmaps. Product managers also serve as product owners, leading product teams and driving cross-functional collaboration on a day-to-day basis.
We value the following traits in our product management leaders:
- Stewards: We put the needs of our customers and our business ahead of our own egos
- Leaders: We lead by example, inspiring and motivating those around us
- Hi-Lo: We are both strategic and hands-on, detail-oriented when necessary.
- Generalists: We are equally comfortable working on all parts of the product stack
- Evidence-driven: We base our ideas on data and measure the results of those ideas.
- Resource-aware: We are resource-efficient in everything we do.
- Lead and evangelize as we execute on our product vision and product strategy across the company
- Set up processes that ensure smooth coordination between the Product team with other teams
- Drive growth product initiatives to existing services
- Review business and product results regularly with leadership, suggesting changes to the business or product plans.
- Manage, motivate, coach, and develop a team of product managers.
- Coordinate roadmaps across teams
- Manage requirement and design reviews
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers to solve complex problems.
- Passion and alignment with our core vision of A world with no boring jobs
- 3+ years product management experience, ideally with previous VP-level responsibilities
- Work history in both core product development (e.g. product/market fit) and growth product initiatives (e.g. SEO, funnel optimization)
- Consumer SaaS product experience as well as experience in one of the following areas: E- Commerce and E-Learning, digital content and community.
- Experience with SEO, growth product execution, content strategy development