Vice President/Partner at Perfect Placer Management Consulting
Views:855 Applications:169 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:25
Vice President - Procurement - Chemicals (15-24 yrs)
VP - Procurement (Chemicals)
- Responsible for the inflation/deflation, innovation, quality, and risk management of specialty chemicals used in the manufacturing emulsion adhesives - examples such as solvents, vinyl's, pvc compounds and paraffins. Procurement partner to internal adhesive plant and well support to specialty chemicals.
- Manage and develop strategic global and regional supplier relationships effectively leveraging Co's commodity spend across divisions within the Corporation.
- Support MWI monthly meetings to ensure transparency and key actions across inflation/deflation, supplier quality and risk management within the region.
- Support the development of global strategies and drive execution regionally in close cooperation with Business, Commercial (Product Management), Operations, Supply Chain and Technical stakeholders.
- Maintain accuracy across all spec and vendor attributes and drive improvements.
- Work closely with the Technical, Business, Commercial, Supply Chain and Operation stakeholders to ensure their interests and participation are represented by the GSI team.
- Ensure "one voice" communication to the supply base regarding strategies and requirements and that volume and spend are leveraged across businesses.
- Drive global and regional material cost out projects and continuously identify new raw material cost out savings opportunities.
- Improve procurement processes and apply the latest thinking in the areas of strategic sourcing, cost modeling, supplier relationship development, and total cost of ownership.
- Perform in-depth industry analysis to uncover the key dynamics driving the behaviors of the suppliers and markets relating to the relevant commodities.
- Use the tools of cost modeling, financial analysis, price forecasting, and negotiation to bring maximum value to the business.
Contract implementation & Management
- Identify companies not currently supplying materials which could represent incremental value or an entry to a new technology.
- Identify, manage, and re-qualify obsolete and scarce products within a region. Design strategies to prevent risky situations.
- Supplier Quality - Manage Scorecard escalation process and all supplier quality problems that need escalated within the region.
- Resolve all escalated Supply chain issues.
- Assure that new products are meeting regulatory requirements.
- Implement all chemical price changes for divisions within the NA region in a timely fashion.
- Segment Suppliers in a logical fashion.
- Generate Supplier lead cost out.
- Represent purchasing for all PTI projects that involve chemicals for RM, and SMC.
Additional Procurement responsibilities :
- Achieve and document level of annual savings as defined by RM and other High Value business objectives and OGSM plans.
- Develop and provide appropriate procurement forecasts as defined by the AOP and other forecasting needs.
- Regular monitoring and reporting on key feedstock markets and impact they have on sourcing and procurement of adhesives and adhesive components. - educate and inform divisions
- Create Regional RM and high value segment dashboards.
- Resolve Match exceptions in a timely fashion to preserve DPO.
- Develop strategies and streamlined processes to manage other strategic chemicals as needed.
Qualification And Experience :
1. BE or BSc & MBA with 15+ years of experience in the Chemical industry coupled with strong experience in chemical industry procurement and exposure of having negotiated and executed capital equipment orders is great to have.
2. Demonstrated strategic planning, negotiation, influencing, and leadership qualities typically acquired through several years of experience in related roles with increasing levels of responsibility
3. Work experience in the petroleum additive, lubricant, or chemical industry
4. Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of market economics, cost drivers, value chains etc.
5. Effective negotiation' facilitation and conflict management skills.
6. Self-starter with strong business acumen and the ability to link business goals and market trends to make sound procurement decisions.
7. Strong strategic and analytic approach to procurement with knowledge of Strategic sourcing principles and practice.
8. Experience of managing a small team would be ideal
9. Team-oriented leadership dedicated to continuous improvement, maximizing productivity and effectiveness in the organization, and promoting best practices.
- An outstanding remuneration package that rewards professionalism and diligence will be on offer for the successful applicant as well as a well-defined career path.
- An excellent package will be on offer for the right candidate, including an above industry base salary for the right person as well as the most complete employee benefit scheme. Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the market leader
Contact Person Name, Address & Nos.:
Mobile : 9873663105
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.